Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Analyzing BPM and POI broken in Build 3663?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

proartPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The BPM Analyzing Algorithm seems to counting different from further Builds (e.g. 3573).
Also the POI's like "Frist Beat" aren't set at the correct position in the tracks.

I have analysed a few hundert tracks with Build 3663 and many songs are different in BPM as counted in earlier Builds and had wrong "First Beat" and other POI's. In Build 3573 POI'S are set correct when analyzing the tracks.
That's frustating me.

Inviato Wed 22 Mar 17 @ 4:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do you have experimentalBeatAnalyzer to Yes in Settings ? With the setting to No (default), it should provide the same BPM/Beat Engine as before the update.

Inviato Wed 22 Mar 17 @ 5:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Also there should be no difference in bpm or poi's regardless of this setting, so some song titles might be useful so we can compare.

Inviato Wed 22 Mar 17 @ 6:38 am
In my setup experimentalBeatAnalyzer is set to "No".
Believe me on elder songs with odd BPM (especially Music older than the 90th's where the BPM isn't set by Software) Build 3663 counts a little bit different.
The same Song in in Build 3573 has 143.93 BPM in Build 3663 has 140.17 BPM and it's reproducable (veryfied several times).

Just tested with experimentalBeatAnalyzer setting "Yes" the same Song has now 138.14 BPM. The InitialKey is always the same.

When i'm analysing fresh songs with Build 3663 the "First Beat" POI was always set to beginning of the track. After analysing the same songs with Build 3573 the "First Beat" POI is set correctly on the First Beat after the intro.

Inviato Wed 22 Mar 17 @ 5:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you provide a couple of examples (tracks) to test here as well ?

Inviato Wed 22 Mar 17 @ 11:24 pm
Could you send me a P.M. where i can upload the samples.

I have found that the POI's are set correctly in Build 3663 but when i load a track into a deck it's cued to the start of the track.
In my audio settings "auto cue" is set to "First Beat" but that's ignored by the latest Build.

I've taken a few screenshots about that which i can upload as well.

Thank you for the fast response.

Inviato Thu 23 Mar 17 @ 3:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Unless they are very obscure tracks or exclusive remixes just naming the track titles will probably be enough for us to try and reproduce the issue.

Inviato Thu 23 Mar 17 @ 6:37 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)