Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Deezer Premium wont work offline with VDJ ? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

MATT CPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Guys,

This has probably been asked a few times, but I have premium account with Deezer and it works fine with tracks downloaded when offline with there app on windows 10 , but it wont work with VDJ PRO offline ? any reason why ? works fine when VDJ is online, tracks are all showing...

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 10:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Correct, downloading songs from Deezer and Spotify for offline use is not available in VDJ.
Downloading songs to cache is only available for the Content Unlimited subscriptions and Pulselocker Professional.

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 10:24 am
It stands to reason - Spotify & Deezer are not for commercial use. CU and Pulselocker are.

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 10:41 am
Ok , so why are vdj offering the icon file if you can not use it fully with deezer premium account ? will there be an update in the near future to make it work offline, surely it must be just simple software issue to make it liable , works fine with Deezer offline all day long ! I dont use Deezer for commercial club use , private events only.

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 11:23 am
Private events are still commercial (professional) use. You're still being hired as a DJ and paid by clients.

I use streaming sites myself, but only for listening to tracks before buying them from a professional download service.

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 12:39 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Deezer works very, very well !
It loads fast enough to bypass the need for caching songs.

I think Deezer is a useful "emergency" feature.

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 3:57 pm
In an emergency, i find downloading the song works perfectly every time. It also supports the artists, which is what a DJ's job is.

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 4:10 pm
I often find that too slow when under pressure from the customer.
I use Amazonmp3.
It's hard to work whilst a pushy drunk is waving his mobile phone under your nose.
Maybe I should just plug the phone into my mixer?
We, that is DJ's, have been put at a disadvantage by the music industry. The average person with a mobile phone and Spotify now expects us to get every song in the world in seconds.
Oh..and the more stupid the customer the more swiftly they expect their desired song to be played.

The music industry is a mess.

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 4:42 pm
Hm..I remember when people were once impressed by my large song library, maybe about 15,000, now they expect 30 million.

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 5:15 pm
But in reality you can only play 20 songs per hour, and they have to be within the boundary of your gig and venue.

I have 4315 songs and videos, work in three completely different venues and can cover 99.9% of the requests. It's not about having every song ever made, it's knowing your venues and customers. I laugh at people on here that have 50,000+ songs in their DB because in my opinion it's completely unnecessary. I don't feel upset about not having a request or even having heard of it as no-one in the wold knows everything.

Having said that the Deezer plugin is extremely handy for the odd request that I don't have.

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 5:18 pm
kradcliffe I don't think you get around as much as me?
You have a very nice spot in a good club in Scotland, and only work in 3 venues.

I see almost everything, last night I was expected to do mostly rave, and a bit of rap, they never bothered to tell me until midweek when they finally emailed a large playlist.
I did the job well.. and they then threatened me with 40 more bookings.

+1 "Having said that the Deezer plugin is extremely handy for the odd request that I don't have. "

Inviato Sat 01 Apr 17 @ 5:29 pm
bigron1 wrote :
Hm..I remember when people were once impressed by my large song library, maybe about 15,000, now they expect 30 million.

I just wanted to quote this because it's a great quote!
People really do expect that now

Inviato Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 9:19 am
Feel your pain Big Ron, I hate it when people wave there phone in front of you and expect you to have the track right there and then, you end up sounding like a jukebox, no respect anymore in this business

Inviato Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 9:02 pm
bigron1 wrote :

Oh..and the more stupid the customer the more swiftly they expect their desired song to be played.

Haha I know the feeling Ron, but I'm the boss when it comes to music and I'll decide if and when a song gets played. So unless you're the one paying me, you'll just have to wait untill I think it's the right time.

If you want to hear your song right now, no problem! Go outside, play it on your phone and go home :-)

Inviato Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 10:11 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
bigron1 wrote :

I just wanted to quote this because it's a great quote!
People really do expect that now

And the problem is that nobody else on the dancefloor likes that odd request. if you play what they ask you, you end up with an empty dancefloor. I also have a very limited database (I play always vinyl ;), and I now that the 300 songs I carry with me always work.

Inviato Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 2:05 pm
It is clear that both of you are speaking from a venue point of view when the venue owner pays. If it's a private party for a family (they're paying your fee), and their friends then they normally know what they like, and can often help a DJ if he has an open mind, and large song repertoire. In fact..if you don't play what they want they won't book you again. However this runs the peril of encouraging the stupid "I want" drunk who is also likely to be an important family member. If you want to do private parties I'd suggest emptying the dance floor for the drunk. Quite often they go to the person who is paying and pass on their request. The person paying would normally rather see an empty dance floor for a song or two than put up with the voice of their drunken family member. It's normally the brother of the bride or something like that.

Warakurna you sound totally inexperienced with respect to mobile work and would not be able to cover many (any?) of my bookings. Think about it..they would be paying to listen to what you think is good when all they want is to listen to their own favorite songs.
A mobile DJ needs a broad range of songs from pop to country & western including everything in between.
Quote : "I also have a very limited database (I play always vinyl ;), and I now that the 300 songs I carry with me always work."
LOL...300 pathetic !!!!
Stick with the clubs and music festivals.
This is why EDM is in decline. It's very limited (boring?) and people often won't dance to the bump, bump, bump unless their pissed or drugged up.
Here's a bit of advice..spread your wings before you, and your 300 songs become obsolete.

Inviato Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 5:43 pm
bigron1 wrote :

Warakurna you sound totally inexperienced with respect to mobile work and would not be able to cover many (any?) of my bookings.

I have respect for EVERY dj and believe me, I have a lot of experience. I played 3 nights a week, more than 25 years long. Yes, I can cover 'any' of your bookings, maybe not many, as I'm not familiar with country and western, and a lot more music styles.
bigron1 wrote :

Think about it..they would be paying to listen to what you think is good when all they want is to listen to their own favorite songs.
A mobile DJ needs a broad range of songs from pop to country & western including everything in between.

Maybe dj-scene is different here, but in Belgium you book a dj who is familiar with country and western, or an other music style, if you want all night a specific music style. I know a lot of dj's, almost all mobile one's, and they will all refuse a gig with all night country and western. If you want a few songs on a party, we all know the top 20 of every music style. Yes, you need a broad range of songs, but not every song. Sometimes you can say, I'm sorry, I don't have this one. If they will not book you again, it will not be because you don't have that one specific song.
bigron1 wrote :

LOL...300 pathetic !!!!
Stick with the clubs and music festivals.
This is why EDM is in decline. It's very limited (boring?) and people often won't dance to the bump, bump, bump unless their pissed or drugged up.

Why do you become personal and aggressive? I never play EDM-music. Do not presume and stick to the facts.

Inviato Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 6:55 pm
Ron, why do you see the need to disrespect this member? A library of 300 tracks is small, but it works for him. He did not say anything to you that should cause this kind of outburst. Show some respect to people that you don't know, and have not insulted you in any way.

Inviato Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 6:57 pm
and please, stop changing your text all the time. How can I react, if you always adapt your message.

Inviato Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 6:57 pm
I've told you facts..you could not cover any of my bookings!
Sorry but that's true and I also believe you're liable to become obsolete.
I'm trying to help.

AMAHM I am not disrespecting anyone, I'm offering constructive advice to those who wish to be mobile private party DJ's.
I repeat again 300 songs is no where near enough.

If you two think I'm being aggressive you're deluded.

A Canadian DJ criticized the appearance of my rig..I was outraged but he was right. He helped me more than anyone else on this forum. In this present case I may be right or wrong but I'm offering my best blunt advice.

Inviato Fri 07 Apr 17 @ 6:59 pm
56%