Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pitch Slider Control Issues with Numark Party Mix

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm trying to get better control of the pitch sliders on a Numark Party Mix. Granted this is a low end controller but I'm hoping I can still get better performance from the sliders. Right now they are not responsive unless I push far up or down while a song is playing; doing this "kicks in" or activates the pitch control but of course this can have terrible consequences on the song playing.

I tried adding a fine tuning command ("pitch +0.1 bpm") and this seemed to work OK but it only moved the pitch ahead no matter which direction (up/down) I moved the slider. I'm wondering if there is a way to add a "+" command when the slider moves down and a "-" when its moved up. Could not find out how to do this from the docs and a Goggle search.

I'm also wondering if there is another command I should use. I tried several and none seemed to do what I need but maybe there is something I missed.

The pitch control is very important to me and one reason I moved to an external controller instead of mixing on my laptop which is what I had been doing. Would like to keep the Numark because for the money its actually not bad, but if I can't get the pitch sliders to respond I may need to return this and try another low cost controller.

Inviato Wed 19 Apr 17 @ 6:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can try,,,
param_bigger 50% ? pitch +0.1 bpm : pitch -0.1 bpm
but will probably not going to work. The +/- X bpm action is mostly suitable for buttons or endless rotaries.

If you want to have smaller pitch steps, best choice is to choose the smallest Pitch range.

Also if you get a "dead" responsive zone (move Pitch fader but dont get any change in tempo), then it's due to the Soft-Takeover. E.g. you pressed SYNC, software pitch changed, and the Hardware fader needs to catch the software value to work again (you get the ghost fader on the Skin)
Also you may need to disable AutoBPMmatch setting so that the tempo of the loaded track is not matched with the one of the opposite deck.

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 12:36 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
<map value="PITCHBEND-" action="pitch -0.01%" />
<map value="PITCHBEND+" action="pitch +0.01%" />

that is what i used for my mp3e2 mapper which had the exact same issue. you only need the text between the " "

if not that its this one

<map value="PITCH" action="param_multiply 1% &amp; pitch" />

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 11:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)