Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ is very slow loading.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,
I recently downloaded VDJ8 as recommended by a friend. I had no problem with VDJ7 but since I have installed VDJ 8 I find it very slow to load. I work on a Packard Bell which has plenty of memory left on it......any ideas to help speed it up.

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 5:36 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If it's the first time v8 sees a track it will scan with the new bpm engine, thus be slow, if slow on second sight then there's a problem,

What is your machine spec?
And please define 'slow'

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 7:22 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
run windows troubleshooting. and try to run it in windows 8 mode with admin privilidges. and if you double clicked and its not coming open. press ctr-alt-delete and make sure and instance insnt running in the bottom. if it is. kill that task.

Inviato Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 12:07 pm
djsalviPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I also find that VDJ 8 is slow when searching a track, compared to VDJ 7.

I have a new Mac Book Pro 2,7 GHz i7 16 GB, and 1t SSD, and external Passport 2t
I also have a Dell XSP don't remember the processor, but its over 2 GHz with 1t SSD and 750 GB at 7,200, both internal. Windows 10 latest service pack
I have approx 80,000 tracks some are videos. All scanned by VDJ, and in many folders.
The search is slow on both computers (I though with new MAC Book, it was be better, but its not)

This Saturday I was at a gig it took 3 minutes. My folders were also frozen, I couldn't search or scroll (panic here), I tried ESC, etc. nothing I could do, just had to let it finish.
Questions:
1. is there away to cancel a search?
2. is there something that I can do to speed up searches?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Inviato Tue 30 May 17 @ 7:55 pm
What columns do you have displayed in your main browser?
Example: Title, Artist, Comment, BPM, Year, Rating.

Inviato Tue 30 May 17 @ 8:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)