Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: is HDMI more power intensive? hence problematic , than VGA

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

do you find that working with a HDMI cable puts your computer under a little more pressure, compared with VGA ?

my computer seems to struggle a bit when HDMI is connected. it still works, but i see the occasional stall in the screen refresh (on my computer) which kinda worries me in the middle of a gig, and just the setup seems generally more delicate, computer gets warm and the CPU seems to work a little bit harder, whereas with VGA it seems to be more solid, stays cool

im aware that VGA is analogue, whereas HDMI is digital (and that HDMI can take audio , which isnt necessary in this case of course)
frankly, video is secondary to audio so it matters less to me than the audio

it just occured, that maybe the reason its putting more stress on my PC is because the television is high definition, wheras when im using the VGA its for my projector which is only 1280, 720

Inviato Sun 28 May 17 @ 6:11 pm
Your last point is the key - HDMI is using higher resolution than VGA. You can change that in Display Settings on Windows or on Mac in System Preferences, Display, you hold Option while you click "scaled" and you'll see a list of resolutions.

One thing to look out for is that you don't choose a resolution that your TV/projector can't handle.

Inviato Fri 23 Jun 17 @ 7:38 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)