Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Effects issues on any build after b3696

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Sorry if someone else has brought this up on another topic post but I didn't find any answers on the posts I read.
I have been doing a lot of custom midi mapping since vdj7. I love vdj8 and did a bunch of custom mapping on it also. I even did some videos on Disc Jockey News on the custom mapping.
My issue is, any build after b3696 is giving me problems with some of the effects. Using b3696 i have the following "exit effects" mapping for the following buttons because I want to just hit a button and it always be that effect.

FX1_ON - effect_active 'Flanged Loopout'
FX2_ON - effect_active 'backspin1'
FX3_ON - effect_active 'Beat break'

On versions prior to b3696 I pressed fx1, fx2 or fx3 on either the right or left deck (or click pointer on right or left deck) it triggered that effect on that deck only. On any version after b3696 it not only triggers it on both decks at the same time but it stays on till i press the button again. Not sure it I need to change the mapping because of "clone" changes in the newer versions or if it's something else. If I load any newer version (early release or not) I have this problem. If I uninstall and re-install b3696 everything is fine.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless, Michael Joseph

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 17 @ 3:57 am
Which controller do you refer at ?

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 17 @ 7:21 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi MJ, can direct me to find 'Beat break' plugin? I want to try it.

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 17 @ 5:05 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

I'm using the Denon MC7000 & MC6000mk2, but it doesn't matter if it's connected to the controller or not. Triggering the effects with the pointer on the program has the same effect. I think it's something in the new updates to how it reads my remapping of the buttons and effects. Before the buttons (on the controller and program) on the right side triggered only the effect on the right deck now it's stops both decks.

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 17 @ 5:32 pm
wwwimmjcom wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

I'm using the Denon MC7000 & MC6000mk2, but it doesn't matter if it's connected to the controller or not. Triggering the effects with the pointer on the program has the same effect. I think it's something in the new updates to how it reads my remapping of the buttons and effects. Before the buttons (on the controller and program) on the right side triggered only the effect on the right deck now it's stops both decks.

Can you provide more information on what remapping you have done ?

I'm pretty sure effects work fine here and they get activated on the correct deck.

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 17 @ 5:39 pm
SOLVED ... sorta - It was some of the VDJ7 effects that I was using on 8 that was causing all of the problems. Using newer effects works fine on the newer builds. Not sure what changed after b3696 but a few of the effects triggered while both decks are playing effect both decks on newer builds. Everything works fine using b3696 but anything newer screws up triggering effects to a single deck.

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 17 @ 6:33 pm
Let me revise my statement. Any audio effect plugin that is not a vdj8 plugin is giving me problems. Went back to stock mapping and when I trigger effect on right deck, it effects the left deck. No custom mapping, it does it no matter if you are using a controller or just clicking with mouse. Everything worked perfect on b3696 or before. Anything after not working.

Inviato Wed 14 Jun 17 @ 8:16 pm
wwwimmjcom wrote :
Any audio effect plugin that is not a vdj8 plugin is giving me problems.

If you are talking about using VDJ7 FX on VDJ8 most do not work.

if some of these fx must be renamed for them to even be seen by VDJ8 that is because they are known to have a issue with VDJ8 and have been blocked with their original names.

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 2:28 am
Version 7 effects are not guaranteed to work properly with v8.
Myself I use one V7 plugin (Flanjet) and it works, but several others don't.
Ideally you should use use only effects written (or updated) for version 8 as the SDK is different.

PS: Your "Beat Brake" effect was written for VirtualDj 2 with SDK v1!!!

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 7:47 am
I do know about renaming vdj7 and older effects. I've had them working great in VDJ8 for a long time till any build after 3696. They still work on a single deck but it effects the other deck when you have 2 songs playing. Example ... If you were mixing and you wanted to use "echoout" or "Flangedloop-out" on the song you are mixing out of. When the effect is triggered it effects both decks. Wondering if anyone knows a workaround or if anyone had any luck with integrating VSTs to replace the missing effects? What changed in the newer builds that made such a big difference? I think 8 is missing some basic effects that are used by a lot of DJs.

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 4:56 pm

Inviato Thu 15 Jun 17 @ 7:23 pm
I guess I didn't wait long enough. 5th one down. Fixed the plugins I was using. I love VDJ :)

BUILD 3780 (2017-06-18)

-Fix waveforms when used with line-in source
-ReWire launch panel opened when initializing ReWire device
-Fix buffer effects when not run on masterdeck
-Fix waveform overview in sample editor sometimes not matching sample accurately
-Fix some vdj 6 and earlier plugins activating plugins on wrong deck
-Spiral audio effect
-Prevent full start/end automix points to be overwritten when automatically re-analyzing
-Fix pitchQuality 3 possible sync offset

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 10:34 pm
wwwimmjcom wrote :
I guess I didn't wait long enough. 5th one down. Fixed the plugins I was using. I love VDJ :)

BUILD 3780 (2017-06-18)

-Fix waveforms when used with line-in source
-ReWire launch panel opened when initializing ReWire device
-Fix buffer effects when not run on masterdeck
-Fix waveform overview in sample editor sometimes not matching sample accurately
-Fix some vdj 6 and earlier plugins activating plugins on wrong deck
-Spiral audio effect
-Prevent full start/end automix points to be overwritten when automatically re-analyzing
-Fix pitchQuality 3 possible sync offset

I'm pretty sure that if you hadn't described the exact issue you had, it wouldn't have gotten fixed - at least not right now
Because I don't think that exact issue was on anybody's radar
So it was a good thing you didn't just wait :-)

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 17 @ 10:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)