Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Simple midi controller build

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

LDJMaxPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello,
I'm trying to make a simple midi controller for virtualDj with a Teensy
i've just connect a simple potentiometer to adjust for example the pitch of the decks
I have a personnal skin with 2 channels 4 decks with buttons to switch between them (deck 1-3 and deck 2-4). Problem, the potentiometer control the deck 1, and when I switch to deck 3 it does not control the deck 3 but continue to control deck 1. It seems that the skin is OK because it works good with a DDJ RB and I've try other skin ..the same. Is there something spécial I must write in the mapping to force the control of deck 3 when I'm swith to it, for now I'have mapped the pot to just 'pitch'. The mapping of the DDJ RB pitch is mapped the same 'pitch'...
thanks for your help

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 8:30 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 8:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
so how is the potentiometer mapped ? just ... pitch ?
If so, then it should apply to whatever deck is "selected" via the A, B or 1,2,3,4 select buttons.
either you need to select the deck (and not just set it as leftdeck/rightdeck) or map it like..
deck left pitch
In general ....
deck default pitch (will apply to whatever deck is selected)
deck left|right pitch (will apply to whatever deck is assigned as left|right)
deck x pitch (will apply to deck x)

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 8:48 am
I've spent hours to figure out what was the problem and you guy found the solution so quickly : deck left pitch.
Hummm If possible may I ask you why the pot never catch the center so the LED stay on (at best with a range of 6% it's always 0.05% apart the center point. My pot doesn't have center click) ?
Without you the world would never be the same

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 2:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If the potentiometer doesnt have a "click" at the center, it will be hard to get 0% as the desired value.
It it had and the fader was always providing the same MIDI value (velocity) at the center, you could create a definition for your device and not rely on a "Simple Midi" which just offers the basics.
In this case, you can have ..
<slider cc="..." channel=".." zero="0x40" name="PITCH" deck="left" />
Read our Wiki for further details on creating a definition..
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionMIDIv8.html

Mapping-wise you can also try ..
param_bigger 49% ? param_smaller 51% ? deck left pitch 0.5 : deck left pitch

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 10:47 pm
I've tried the mapping way:
It works only for the half of the slider ( when I reach the center point the led Turn off, but the slider stop here)

Inviato Thu 22 Jun 17 @ 3:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)