Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: I get green full screen flashes on the output monitor, but not my laptop

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

VDJ 8.2 , Macbook pro 2011 16 gb ram

Video was running fine all night through the tv's, i switched to where there were more TV's on the house running my videos halfway through the night, and at that point for the rest of the night, the tv's would flash 100% green every about 15 seconds, the video preview on my laptop was fine, nothing else was glitching. only the external screens running my video. i tried to restart vdj a few times, also tried to turn the video off and back on a few times, nothing seemed to work as it did this regardless for the remainder of the night.

another weird thing is it stopped when i turned it back to where there were less tv's running my video like it had been the first half of the night? what could this possibly be please assist lol

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 8:52 am
This seems to be a connection issue.
Please describe how you connect your MAC with the screens.
If you use a HDMI cable to a splitter and then from the splitter to the TV's it is possible that one of the TV's caused the issue.
Normally HDMI is a "one-to-one" device communication protocol. The HDMI port of your laptop auto-configures connection based on the technical specs of the connected device. When you connect multiple devices on a splitter, the splitter usually sends the information of the device connected on port 1 to your laptop in order to auto-configure the port.
However this is not a solid solution (but it works)
What can happen is that if the splitter can't handle all the connections at once or a device disconnects/reconnects (because of poor power handling on the splitter and/or damaged HDMI cable) all screens can disconnect, flicker, and produce all kind of weird side-effects.

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 12:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could be a hardware issue/fault on the graphics adapter/driver . If it happens again (or can reproduce), try the videoUseDXVA setting to No

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 12:12 pm
i am going to bring a fresh hdmi cable tonight to the club and see if it was just a faulty cable (i will feel so stupid but lets pray this is the issue), i will report many more details if the issue is not resolved tonight

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 6:38 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
This seems to be a connection issue.
Please describe how you connect your MAC with the screens.
If you use a HDMI cable to a splitter and then from the splitter to the TV's it is possible that one of the TV's caused the issue.
Normally HDMI is a "one-to-one" device communication protocol. The HDMI port of your laptop auto-configures connection based on the technical specs of the connected device. When you connect multiple devices on a splitter, the splitter usually sends the information of the device connected on port 1 to your laptop in order to auto-configure the port.
However this is not a solid solution (but it works)
What can happen is that if the splitter can't handle all the connections at once or a device disconnects/reconnects (because of poor power handling on the splitter and/or damaged HDMI cable) all screens can disconnect, flicker, and produce all kind of weird side-effects.

yeah i use hdmi to a splitter into the tv's, hopefully i just had a faulty hdmi, i am gonna do some basic trouble shooting tonight and if not fixed will report many more details lol

Inviato Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 6:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)