Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Issue with the Latest public release

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

build 3798 This is a good reason why I never update.. Tested and all and works perfect.. however, its messing up most of my BPMS bad... Sometimes it doubles my BPMs.. almost always messes up my First Beat mark *POI* When you are live and mixing it up.. correcting these issue on the fly is a bit of an issue...so.. how do I stop this nonsense? I dont see a setting ... It seems ti be reanalyzing EVERY file when I load it. ..My files are Legit from pools.. anyways.. whats going on here? how to I stop this?

Inviato Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 3:41 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The BPM analyzer has recently been updated. Any track that was automatically scanned before and did not have a manual bpm or beat grid modification will be re-scanned.
It has been tested over the last months with thousands of tracks and bpm, phase and phrase detection all improved significantly over the older algorithm.

I'm not sure why some of your tracks would have halved or doubled bpm as the algorithm keeps the bpm range of the original file if it had a bpm value already.
When you say your bpm's are bad, you mean you also have tracks that are detected a completely wrong bpm?
When you say it messes up the first beat mark, do you mean the beat-grid is off? Or did you change the First Beat poi to be a cue point as well, and see this moving now?

Inviato Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 6:17 am
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
build 3798 This is a good reason why I never update.. Tested and all and works perfect.. however, its messing up most of my BPMS bad... Sometimes it doubles my BPMs.. almost always messes up my First Beat mark *POI* When you are live and mixing it up.. correcting these issue on the fly is a bit of an issue...so.. how do I stop this nonsense? I dont see a setting ... It seems ti be reanalyzing EVERY file when I load it. ..My files are Legit from pools.. anyways.. whats going on here? how to I stop this?

I've been having the same issue on some of my tracks, all of which are also "radio" quality from the pools I sub to. I found it was partly due to the fact the way I learned to set my anchors differs from the way the new algorithm sets them. I set all the anchors to line up with the snares, claps or closed hats rather than the bass lines and kicks. I still set the "first beat" on the actual first downbeat, which is normally a kick or bass line, but I use the higher pitched punctuations as my guide, to line up over the metronome. The DJ who mentored me long before the digital DJ era, taught me this way because it is easier to pick up those higher pitched sounds in your headphones(especially if they aren't high end studio models) over the bass from the main PA(or even booth monitors) Generally the kicks and bass have a longer attack and decay time than a clap or snare, but are both centered on the same beatgrid marker. So when a beefy thuddy kick has a clap over it; the kick will start to roll in a few milliseconds before the clap, and will by the same token, continue to decay a few milliseconds after the clap has decayed. So my anchors that I manually set are all a few milliseconds ahead of where the new algorithm sets them, which is a non issue if I am mixing 2 tracks on which i manually set the anchors as they both are working with the same "offset" value. But when I forget to edit the POIs on new tracks I downloaded, and VDJ does it for me now, it seems to favor the leading edge of the beat as the anchor point, and that is normally a kick or bass line's lead-in. Which causes the track I manually adjusted to be slightly ahead of the auto-BPMed track if I use the "sync" function, Beatlock, or smartplay.

The doubling of BPMs I have noticed also, this seems to be most prevalent in the current era hip hop tracks which are lurking in the 68-75 BPM range but are getting tagged as 136-150. At first I didn't really care because 75 BPM is functionally the same as 150 BPM from a beat matching standpoint, and the software syncs the tracks on a lowest common denominator basis. So no net tempo adjustment is applied to a 75BPM track being auto-synced to a 150BPM track, as both share a common denominator of 75. Basically applying the least amount of pitch adjustment possible to get the action deck track to exactly a half, whole, or double beat value of the master deck. So functionally it doesn't change a thing. But, I have a huge library and multiple virtual folders with thousands of tracks each in some of them, all sorted by bpm, to make finding my next mix organic. But now some tracks that should be right next to one another in my crate are on opposite ends, because HUMBLE got labeled 75BPM, and Mask Off got 150. It's a quick fix, just right click on the doubled track in the browser, edit tag, and click the /2 BPM button and click ok. I have found that VDJ has un-done this edit for me a couple of times recently after a restart though.

In any case this is why I keep a 1:1 backup of my gig library (as well as a second backup on an FTP server I run from my home which I recommend to any working DJ) and I make a copy of my VDJ config folder every weekend before my club gig, and keep every copy en perpitude.

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 5:10 am
BPM tag nothing

Inviato Tue 15 Aug 17 @ 1:31 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Now using V 3994 and its a mess.

Almost all my new videos from extendamix is analyzed wrong, and when I go through older files it keeps changing the BPMs.

Please this needs to be fixed !

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 10:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you give an example title?

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 11:00 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Have to take it back.

Thought that it was a bit strange with all my bpm, and I did a reboot of the computer and my external harddrive, it seems thats its fixed.

Thank you for your quick respons Adion.

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 12:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)