Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: 3 deck skins Black on White for day use..

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hay all, seems like an age since visiting VDJ. I have a great skin downloaded called 'TCmania 3Decks'. Great layout great functionality. The only thing is that it's a white on black, so using it in day light is a little hard. Is anyone aware of a 3 Deck skin that is Black on White background for day light use.

I cant find TCmania 3Decks to show a screen shot to show.

Any help on this would be of great help as I do loads outside in the summer.

Many thanks in advance

Paul

Inviato Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 11:27 am
Is this in VDJ 7 or 8?

FYI there was a recent thread about a daylight skin here.

I modified the skin slightly to work correctly in VDJ 8. It's only two decks though. The skin V8 but by FRUiT also has a daylight option.

Why the need for three specifically? Why not use a four deck skin and just ignore the fourth deck?

Also if you're using VDJ 8 you could load tracks into the sampler as a "third deck".

Inviato Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 11:35 am
I use 3 Deck all the time, never seen the need for a 4th, TCmania 3Decks has all 3 decks across the top of the skin,
which leaves more space for the browser.

Inviato Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 8:56 am
geckopawl wrote :
I use 3 Deck all the time, never seen the need for a 4th, TCmania 3Decks has all 3 decks across the top of the skin,
which leaves more space for the browser.

Interesting.
I don't know any controller where it would work though. Even 4 deck controllers only have 2 deck sections, that are often swap-able to deck 3 and 4, but as I imagine it you would eventually be mixing from and to the same side of the controller, if your work flow is deck 1,2,3,1,2,3 and so on, which would seem confusing IMO
But if you use something like 3 CDJs and a physical mixer in external mixer mode, it could work just fine, I think
How do you use 3 decks? What's your workflow like?

Anyway, the skin you are looking for is probably this one:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12085/TCmania_3Decks.html

That is a VDJ v7 skin though, which is fine if you are still using v7
But they normally don't work so well with VDJ v8, and leave a lot of the new v8 functionality out

Luckily it looks like it's made by djdad, who is still (very) active on these boards, so maybe you can get him to make a v8 version?

Inviato Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 9:13 am
Another option is to make/change the skin yourself
If your still on v7, you could start with the 3 decks skin you, have and change the colors

Skins are just a few images and XML files, and there are guides on this page on how you start out

As a test I did a quick "color invert" of the v7 3-deck skin, and now it looks like this is VDJ v7

There will be more work involved than doing a color invert of course, but it may be doable

Inviato Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 9:31 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)