Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Database > Remove missing files from search DB is deleting .cdg files [FIXED]

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,
When I use Virtual DJ's menu option:
Database > Remove missing files from search DB
It sometimes puts .cdg files into the Trash can.

So, every time I use that feature, I have to watch my trash can to see if things appear in it.

If I'm lucky that they all came from the same folder, I can select them all and select Put Back. If they aren't, I have to do it one at a time.

I just had it put 258 files in the trash can. I'm going to be here a while putting them back.

I'm on a Mac. Everything is set to automatic updates. This issue has existed for a while, perhaps a year that I've noticed it. I only haven't posted about it before because I can't say what EXACTLY what causes it.

It usually only happens when I move files from one place to another, which I always do from within Virtual DJ so that it can do all the file management and database management at the same time, and then it most often happens to just SOME of the files that I moved.

Inviato Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 10:30 pm
Am I the only one to be going through this? Is this something the makers are aware of? Is it being worked on?

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 4:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you move track.mp3 from folder A to folder B, track.cdg should automatically be moved to folder B as well.

If a .cdg is removed by remove missing files from search DB, it means that the database had an entry for a\track.mp3 , a\track.mp3 is no longer found, but a\track.cdg still exists.

If you put restore these .cdg from the recycle bin, does the folder that they are restored to actually still contains the mp3 matching that cdg?

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 4:48 am
So using the "remove missing files from search DB" doesn't just work on the database XML? It can actually remove files from your hard drive?

That's news to me!

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 5:39 pm
Adion wrote :
If you move track.mp3 from folder A to folder B, track.cdg should automatically be moved to folder B as well.

If a .cdg is removed by remove missing files from search DB, it means that the database had an entry for a\track.mp3 , a\track.mp3 is no longer found, but a\track.cdg still exists.

If you put restore these .cdg from the recycle bin, does the folder that they are restored to actually still contains the mp3 matching that cdg?

I realize that is the expected behavior.

Here's what happens:
1) I move 200 files from /FolderChainA/*.* to /FolderChainB/*.*
2) All files (mp3 and cdg) are moved to the destination. No problem.
3) Then I do Remove missing files from search DB
4) 50 of the .cdg files end up in the trash bin
5) I go to /FolderChainB/*.* and see 150 mp3s and 200 CDGs
6) I go to Virtual DJ and drag one of those .mp3s to a play deck, it shows up as a .mp3 and not a karaoke file
7) I go to the trash bin and select the files and select Put Back
8) All 50 CDGs go back to /FolderChainB/
9) I recurse the folder chain and drag a .mp3 to a deck, it now shows up as karaoke

This has been going on for a year or more.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 10:25 pm
groovindj wrote :
So using the "remove missing files from search DB" doesn't just work on the database XML? It can actually remove files from your hard drive?

That's news to me!

For over a year it has been putting .cdg files into the trash can. I'll be staring at an empty trash can, I will use the menu option "Remove missing files from search DB" and it puts a bunch of .cdg files into the trash can.

I then have to use the Put Back feature to put them back. But it's not always available. Sometimes I have to search for the song in virtual DJ, open the folder location, and move the .cdg to that folder.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 10:29 pm
Can the technical team please take a look and see why this is happening?

Virtual DJ is constantly updated, it's happening on two machines, been happening for a while. I'm on a Mac.

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 10:46 pm
Can someone from Virtual DJ Technical Support please respond to this? I just had it delete another 30 .cdg files that I had moved from one folder to another, using Virtual DJ. I had to go to the trash bin and put them all back.

If the feature is "supposed" to do this, I can't figure why. It REMOVES FILES I NEED and makes karaoke songs become instrumental tracks. It removes the .cdg and puts it in the trash can. If I empty the trash without noticing it, it will have RUINED SONGS.

Please reply

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 8:52 pm
Adion above is from Virtual DJ aka Atomix in fact he is the CTO :-)

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 9:16 pm
wickedmix wrote :
Adion above is from Virtual DJ aka Atomix in fact he is the CTO :-)

I replied to him and am waiting for a reply on why my .cdg files keep getting thrown into my trash.

Inviato Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 9:20 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
We are still investigating, of course this is not supposed to happen.

Inviato Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 9:57 am
Adion wrote :
We are still investigating, of course this is not supposed to happen.

Excellent, thank you for the reply!

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 17 @ 10:31 pm
The new Early Access build (b3846) thats was just released has this point in the release notes:

"-Fix database cleanup problem"

I'm not sure, but could that be a fix for your problem?

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 8:35 am
klausmogensen wrote :
The new Early Access build (b3846) thats was just released has this point in the release notes:

"-Fix database cleanup problem"

I'm not sure, but could that be a fix for your problem?

I'm hoping so - do you know how long until we're liable to see it go live?

Inviato Wed 02 Aug 17 @ 9:57 pm
You can use it now, if you enable early access in VDJ config.

Inviato Wed 02 Aug 17 @ 10:04 pm
groovindj wrote :
You can use it now, if you enable early access in VDJ config.

Tested once and confirmed that the fix is working (at least for this one test).

I edited several hundred files on my desktop, then did Remove Missing Files, it threw about 30 .cdg files into the trash. I syncronized to the notebook computer, updated VDJ to the early access, and did Remove Missing Files - nothing went to the recycle bin! Great news, and thanks!

Inviato Thu 03 Aug 17 @ 1:04 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)