Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Jog Wheel LED's Track Count Down

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 - HP Envy Computer with Icore 7 - using VDJ - 8PRO - Everything runs AMAZING - except... I have not yet figured out how to make the led's in the middle of the jog wheels disappear as the song plays... they are supposed to start to vanish the further you get into a song and then the middle red LED's are supposed to flash as you are almost at the end of a track. So far all they do is generally spin around and around... but then the entire thing starts to flash fast when you get close to the end of a track.. however.. the middle red LED's have yet to light up and do ANYTHING ... any suggestions? Am I stuck on stupid or generally just missing one button that needs to be pressed? I already have tried the settings where you choose your LED Patterns.. and NONE of them do it like they are supposed to. Any help on this would be WONDERFUL! Thank you so very much.

Inviato Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 2:51 am
I'm not sure that's what it's supposed to do when using it with VDJ (different software use the controllers differently)

This is from the manual for the sx2:
" The white inner leds will rotate according to the software jogwheel position and they will also blink at the last 30 seconds of a track. The red leds will blink if you scratch while Slip Mode is active or will turn on when you touch the touch-sensitive surface."
http://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx2/layout/decks.html

So it looks to me like the red leds are used for another purpose in Virtual DJ

Inviato Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 9:12 am
TobyRich wrote :
I have not yet figured out how to make the led's in the middle of the jog wheels disappear as the song plays... they are supposed to start to vanish the further you get into a song and then the middle red LED's are supposed to flash as you are almost at the end of a track.

Where does this info derives from? (They are supposed to...)

When used with Serato the white leds do the same as with VirtualDj: They indicate the needle position of the virtual platter.
The red leds on Serato are used to count down the remaining 4 beats to the next hotcue, or to indicate SLIP mode. On VirtualDj they don't count up the last 4 beats before a cue-point but they do indicate slip mode.

Oooh, and by the way, while you are almost at the end of the track it's the WHITE leds that start flashing, not the RED ones.

Inviato Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 11:20 am
Okay... i get it... from everything I read in the manual and the video's for this particular board... I was under the impression that as the song played.. the white led's spun around and around... but throughout the duration of the song... the farther into the song you got.. the led's would disappear or fill in depending where you were in that particular track and which of the settings you chose on the board itself.. I guess it would make sense that this would be a feature that only happens when using the "Virtual Vinyl" I suppose. It was just something that was making me crazy trying ot figure out how to make it work... VDJ has been a bit of a learning curve for me.. as I have used PCDJ in some form since the very beginning of time... and now moving over to VDJ vs. Serato.. "Which I HATE by the way"... it's taking me a bit to learn all the in's and out's of it all. I'm coming into the software with the DDJ - SX2 from my first actual controller which is the Numark Mixdeck Express... so.. there is TONS to learn... I thank you for the input and most of all.. PATIENCE! Thanks.

Inviato Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 2:22 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)