Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Where's the bpm count gone in browser ? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

leejediHome userMember since 2017
VirtualDJ LE 8 for Numark party mix on windows 10 and the bpm has gone in the browser,new to DJ but this must be a standard feature for any digital mixer are you saying I have to paid 50 dollars to get this back ....?

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 6:07 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
LE doesn't include database bpm info, unfortunately some would use LE for professional use, therefore bpm is omitted to make life harder for the cheats.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 6:27 am
Explain myself a little more when i first got the virtual dj 8 installed i could analyse a track and the bmp would be in the browser not cheating for a newbe just leaning.
now just artist tracks are there.
Now after the update to 8.2, I can't find the BPMs and can't right click on the browser top to add it (where it now says "Limited edition browser". Where did it go and how do I get it back?

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 6:49 am
Actually to be accurate:
The database of the program still contains all the BPM information, and VirtualDj (even in LE mode) will still analyze tracks for BPM e.t.c.

What actually happens is that after the initial "PRO features" test period, the browser scales down to a more limited view which can't be changed unless a license is obtained.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 9:00 am
thanks for the reply one of the most important thing for a beginner or newer DJ starting out to take that away is a bit wrong in my book,
will let everybody know in the reviews i do on amazon and other sites before they buy the product.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 9:31 am
As a long time VDJ user I am still amazed that some editions of the LE software remove BPM and search features.

I'm sure Atomix will have their own reasons for doing this but all I see is it causing harm to the product as it's a step too far...... especially when there are loads of people out there using home free for gigs with one output channel and no restrictions on search or browser.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 9:40 am
agree kradcliffe i'm only a home user so i would like to tell as many people and the kids out there then they might thing twice in purchasing a mixer the VDJ 8 LE on it,i Know i would have.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 10:24 am
All "LE" software has restrictions of a sort, and that is understandable.

The way this is done it effectively renders the product useless therefore "forcing" a paid upgrade. And that is plainly unfair.

If I bought a controller advertised with VDJ, I would be disappointed with this too.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 10:27 am
come on admin's or VDJ can you justify a reasonable answer ?

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 10:39 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The main reason is that it is crucial for an le version to be able to use all features of the controller itself. Since many controllers have effect buttons, pads etc... limiting any of these areas is not really an option which pretty much only leaves the browser as a place where some limitations can be made without interfering with the use of the controller.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 10:54 am
what about effects..clapping,horn not BPM this is a bad piece of customer service you are giving,i personal work in retail and understand what a bad review can lose many customers.
I shall be writing to numark and amazon to name but a few what the LE and the PRO really means.
what is your advice pay 50 dollas which i have not got to get the bpm back on browser just to do a mix for my mp3 player

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 11:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The numark party mix includes pads abd even explicit labeling to select the sampler, so removing this is not an option since it is a crucial part of the controller.

If you cannot upgrade to the full version then you could prepare a list with songs you want to play first and then mix them after.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 11:11 am
putting my review on amazon uk later will post here so other new Djs out there can think again before purchasing any mixer with Virtual DJ on
and see what response numark come back with.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 11:23 am
They won't come back with anything. LE versions have been like this for quite some time now.

In-Music customer support is abyzmal so good luck!

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 11:33 am
cheers M8 just hate to be conned and if i can stop 10 people from purchasing this my job will be done

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 11:38 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
How about just hate to be cheap!

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 1:30 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
That is a really disappointing change to make - the BPM is probably not going to be all that useful for professional DJs but for bedroom DJ's who are just starting out and not able to beatmatch very well I could see this being a pretty serious loss.

Why not disable display of the Key, Gain, Seconds remaining in the track, Master Volume level (I expect inability see if redlining isn't a big issue for home users), or force "Loop-Back" as pro DJs are likely to be used to Loop-Forward?

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 2:25 pm
I think the inability to search is the worst thing about LE.

What's the point of having a database or browser at all if you can't search it?

As for BPM, I think it would be better for a beginner DJ not to see or know the tempo, and to learn to hear whether one track is faster or slower than the other.

Relying on BPM readouts is a negative thing. What if the DJ is ever asked to play on kit that doesn't have BPM displays?

Are they seriously going to tell the customer they can't do the gig because they can't see the BPMs?

Same applies for waveforms, beat grids, smart loops and so on. It's best to learn without all that, then once you can DJ "raw", you can DJ on anything.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 5:01 pm
leejedi wrote :
hate to be conned

You haven't been conned!

You've got a free program that is fully functional with your controller. It's there as a "get you started" gift, not as a replacement for the Pro version.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 5:05 pm
Not a free program so you think virtual DJ give it to numark for nothing,comes as a package.

Inviato Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 5:27 pm
48%