Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Volume level changing/spiking by itself?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

infoPRO InfinityMember since 2014
This has happend on multiple occasions now. A few hours into a gig the volume level on an already playing track will quickly increase. I will have to ride the channel slider on the mixer to bring it down then back up after it goes back to normal again. Any suggestions?

Equipment:
Laptop: Win 10 64bit, Intel i5 with 12 MB Ram
Denon MC6000 mixer using Deneo asio driver

Inviato Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 12:20 pm
check the limiter

Inviato Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 2:05 pm
The limiter on the software? If so what setting should it be on? I do not use an external one in my setup/ sound chain, never needed it before.

Inviato Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 2:55 pm
using the default skin check to see if the limiter is engaging. if it is your tracks are clipping. Change Zero Db to a different setting

Inviato Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 12:20 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Does it happen when the file is not scanned yet?

Inviato Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 12:20 pm
It happened on tracks that had been scanned and previously played. Not at the start of the song, but part way through the song. I will watch for clipping at a gig I have today, I set up my system at home yesterday and played for hours with no issue. I've been using VDJ 8 since last fall did not have this issue till this June.

Inviato Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 1:14 pm
Any chance your controller volume fader has start wearing out?
Does this volume issue occurs on one deck only? Or all of them?

Inviato Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 1:21 pm
It could be something on the slider of the mixer. Try it at home without the mixer

Inviato Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 1:28 am
CubsFanHome userMember since 2016
It could be the power at the venue. Was it an old building?

Inviato Sun 24 Mar 19 @ 3:31 am
Even I have noticed this - I did a testing without the controller. On the Laptop, So when you play the second try and try to mix, the Volume goes up and down on a Track. What would be the Issue ?

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 20 @ 8:13 pm
Try leveling all your Music with Mp3Gain PRO 2017 not the 2019 Version at 320 Bitrate (kbps) also 44.100 khz Samplerate (khz)

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 20 @ 9:09 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
FDsalsaDJ wrote :
Try leveling all your Music with Mp3Gain PRO 2017 not the 2019 Version at 320 Bitrate (kbps) also 44.100 khz Samplerate (khz)

This is not necessary to use files in virtualdj.
If you do decide to use it, don't forget to reanalyze the files.
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJ8%20Limiter.html

Inviato Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 4:18 am
FDsalsaDJ wrote :

So What I was trying to Tell is : When you Play both Track at the same time - without using a Controller - Just on the Laptop and you hear the track on Headphones (Keeping the Crossfader in the Middle) You see the variation of the Track goes up and down during the mix (During the Baseline) and this is the same result goes out the main PA when you are performing LIVE. Attaching a image on what I am trying to share. Any Suggestions please ?

Inviato Sat 11 Apr 20 @ 9:38 pm
DJ Kim (Hyderabad) wrote :
FDsalsaDJ wrote :

So What I was trying to Tell is : When you Play both Track at the same time - without using a Controller - Just on the Laptop and you hear the track on Headphones (Keeping the Crossfader in the Middle) You see the variation of the Track goes up and down during the mix (During the Baseline) and this is the same result goes out the main PA when you are performing LIVE. Attaching a image on what I am trying to share. Any Suggestions please ?

sounds like your having an issue with hitting the limiter try zerodb -6 and autogain auto

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 11:36 am
wickedmix wrote :
DJ Kim (Hyderabad) wrote :
FDsalsaDJ wrote :

sounds like your having an issue with hitting the limiter try zerodb -6 and autogain auto

Is there anyway that this can be Fixed ? Please help !

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 5:48 pm
Like he says, lower the ZerodB setting to give you more headroom, or just pay more attention to the volume and gain of the tracks you're playing (don't run the meters "into the red").

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 6:05 pm
groovindj wrote :
Like he says, lower the ZerodB setting to give you more headroom, or just pay more attention to the volume and gain of the tracks you're playing (don't run the meters "into the red").

Thank You so much - This really Worked - Yes Zerodb - thats the Key :)

Really Appreciate all of your inputs :)

Inviato Mon 13 Apr 20 @ 9:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)