Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Help in V8.2 Pitch slider resting randomly

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but since this is a matter of settings in the software I figured it can't hurt. Quick run down on my situation, the person I had setup to Dj my daughters wedding backed out on me last minute(less then a week away) so I'm left with no choice but to drag my Pa stuff out of storage and make this work. Since I'm in the wedding party sitting at the computer is out of the question. Now in my previous experience with this program I know it can run on automix for hours on end with out any trouble and provide decent quality transitions between various types of songs. Sure there not perfect and nothing cools gets done with them but the music flows between various types with out sounding strange when going from say county to rock or even some light rap.

So I get V8.2 loaded and playing with automix however something isn't working right. Now excuses my terms here ....I'm trying to relarn this in just a couple of days but either the auto BBM matching or pitch slider has something amiss. I've searched for the last couple of nights trying to figure this out and found a number of topics but there about turning the matching off and not on.

My issue is when I have track 1 loaded and playing the pitch slider for deck 2 shows it's adjusted to match the current song playing on deck 1. Now as soon as the fader starts to move to change from deck 1 to deck 2 the pitch slider on deck 2 resets to 0 instantly. This also happens going from deck 2 to to deck 1. I've played with about every combination of settings I can find and it seem like I can do every thing but correct this issue. The deck could be at say +3 pitch(or +7 or even +19) but as soon as it starts to play the slider drops to 0. Now for what ever reason from time to time I've actually seen this work correctly. It slowly changes the pitch slider of the song currently playing while also moving the pitch on the new track simultaneously as it starts to auto fade from the current track to the next track but It never seems to work for more then just one track so I really don't know why it's doing this. I've ruled out any settings I've changed while a track was playing, any key pressed and even where the mouse is.

One thing that I haven't been able to figure out is the Sync button, when I mouse over it it says"Shift+Space" well pressing shit+space doesn't seem to do any thing. I've also tried clicking on the "Sync" button and it highlights as long as my mouse if clicking on it but not after I let go. Based on my searching people refer to "turning off" Sync but I seem to have the opposite problem....I can't get it to turn on.

Thankyou in advance for any help.

Inviato Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 4:17 am
Yes I've also seen it jump in automix mode, when the mix is done

So I normally disable all auto bpm match features and use the "fade - remove silence" setting and a 4 sec fade time.
That sounds pretty good to me
Another popular setting is "Fade out , cut in" - again without bpm match

I made a video a while ago on how to disable all auto bpm settings

Also you can do a lot with automix editor and timeline mixing.
I also made a video about automix options

I hope some of this info helps

Inviato Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 8:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)