Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Controller scroll button knob

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have currently running latest Virtual DJ and I am using three controllers (denon mc6000mk2, Pioneer DDJ-RB and Reloop Mixtour) all have the scroll button knobs, when I select a track on Virtual DJ and press down on the knob it adds the selected track to automix, now I would like to be able to select either the auto mix window or the karaoke window and press on a track so it adds it to which ever window I have selected. At the moment if I select the karaoke window and then try and press to add a track Virtual DJ automatically changes the window to automix and adds the selected track to that window.

Is there a way I can change this as at the moment I have had to custom assign a different button on the controllers for me to be able to add selected track to the karaoke window.

Inviato Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 3:38 pm
I guess what you (the script) could do is check the selected file type, and if it's audio then load it to automix. If it's karaoke then load it to karaoke.

That's assuming you are actually playing different file types in automix or karaoke.

Inviato Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 3:56 pm
Yes, I want to add audio tracks to automix and karaoke tracks to karaoke, I am happy to select which window I want the track to go it without Virtual DJ automatically deciding which track needs go where.

I thought maybe there was a commend I could change in the map but maybe it’s not that easy.

Inviato Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 5:19 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think you could query the browsed file type and send the file to the right list, I'll get back to you when I get chance to test.
What file extension do karaoke files have?
Querying karaoke may be simpler as straight audio could be many file types, mp3 wav aac etc

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 1:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There cant be any pop-up ask window, unless a Plugin is written. For now you can use this action
sideview 'karaoke' ? karaoke_add : sideview 'automix' ? playlist_add : sideview 'sidelist' ? sidelist_add : nothing
which adds the selected Browser track to the selected Sidelist view

If you want some automation, depending on the filetypes, at the moment, there is only a is_video query action (there is not one for Karaoke)..but if all of your video files are Karaoke, then you could have something like..
is_video ? karaoke_add : playlist_add

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 9:39 am
djdad wrote :
There cant be any pop-up ask window, unless a Plugin is written. For now you can use this action
sideview 'karaoke' ? karaoke_add : sideview 'automix' ? playlist_add : sideview 'sidelist' ? sidelist_add : nothing
which adds the selected Browser track to the selected Sidelist view

If you want some automation, depending on the filetypes, at the moment, there is only a is_video query action (there is not one for Karaoke)..but if all of your video files are Karaoke, then you could have something like..
is_video ? karaoke_add : playlist_add

Thank you, the first action is exactly what I am looking for, I don’t mind having to select the window I want to put the file in to.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 6:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Glad the 1st action works for you, because the 2nd would never work, if interested in Browser tracks :P

FYI, is_video returns true if the loaded track is video and false if not

For the selected Browser track, there is an automation with a single button to query its type
param_equal "`get_browsed_song 'type'`" "karaoke" ? karaoke_add : param_equal "`get_browsed_song 'type'`" "audio" ? playlist_add : param_equal "`get_browsed_song 'type'`" "video" ? sidelist_add

The last part of the query adds video files to the sidelist, which probably is not the best option, but wanted to show you how the script can work.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 10:13 pm
Thank you for your help, now I don’t have to assign other buttons to do the job haha.

Inviato Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 9:59 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)