Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: What happened to extended records in a digital world ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Im looking for A DJ. service that can provide all the hits with an emphasis on extended intros and outros , like they used to do back in the day with 12" records thanks in advance .

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 11:22 am
I know what you mean. Tracks seem to be getting shorter and shorter these days.

One recent track I bought was 2:50. It's ridiculous!

Having said that though, at least now we have the ability to loop sections. :-)

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 11:28 am
Promo Only UK/Europe do versions with extended intros/outros for beatmixing. I've got lots of them. Dunno if Promo Only USA do the same.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 12:54 pm
If you sign up for Content Unlimited Audio you get access to a lot of extended mixes

I just did this search as an example:

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 1:04 pm
I believe Digital Music Pool is offering a 7 day free trial through September. No CC info required, just create an account use the promo code September7 and then start downloading.
https://digitalmusicpool.com/

Not sure if they have the tracks you are looking for, but they have recent tracks, clean and dirty, intros and outros and all the popular genres of remixes.

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 3:12 pm
Promo code doesn't work. Expired 12th September.

Thanks for the info though.

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 7:26 pm
sorry to share old news.

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 3:10 pm
I use all the services listed as well as many others. I actually got a track that was 1:45, and thought that I did not get the whole file. I went back to ZipDJ, and sure enough, that was the length of the track. It does not affect my flow, as I have a self imposed 3:30 limit on tracks, because I have a lot of music I want to play. I have noticed lately that I am mixing a lot before the 3 minute mark. I did a wedding on Sat, and did not play Despacito all the way through.

Inviato Mon 02 Oct 17 @ 9:41 pm
Ditto. I tend to swap tracks at around the 3 minute mark. Not necessarily by deliberate action - it just seems to often fall there.

I suppose one possible reason why lots of tracks are short these days, is that the artist/producer is short.......on talent. Gone are the days of needing to be a musician who's studied music theory, being able to play and write, hiring proper recording studios filled with other musicians and engineers. Now all you need is an app on a phone or a laptop.

They get a tiny spec of an idea, like a two bar loop, and because they don't have the musical knowhow to expand on it, that becomes the entire thing. They keep it short so it's not quite so tedious and boring!

Inviato Tue 03 Oct 17 @ 5:57 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)