Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: hard drive reset after update

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

has anyone ever had a hard drive reset its self like it had a restore point on after doing a VDJ update

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 1:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What makes you think you had a HD "reset/restore" ? Do you miss tracks or other data ? Please provide further details

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 1:45 am
eriedjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Do you mean a hard drive letter change?

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 2:00 am
i have a wd my passport 4tb .formate EXfat i believe i started to put vids on it in may of this year . i normally use my windows 10 laptop to download my videos but i dj with a macbook pro and also sometimes use to download my videos to put on the 4tb .i updated VDJ everything was working all the data was there all folders in vdj & on the drive was there . later that day i wanted to do some djing and work on putting vids in there proper folders that i had downloaded that day . started to load some vids in VDJ and it said error did this to a few videos so i seen that there was folders missing in vdj so i recurse the drive it shows that i have 28010k vids i am missing about 11k of vids then i hit shift8 it shows that i have 37359k all the data is there so i then look on the drive it self and folders are missing . so i then looked at the properties on the drive it showed that i had used 3tb and had free 1tb . before i only had about 450gb left on the drive .and on the drive folders the date showed that it had gone back to june 1st also all the work i had dun from june to now had been missing as in fixing names of artis ect . so it looks like the drive was reset to june and everything was deleted off the drive from this week to june, i still have 3tb of vids . but even how i redun all the folders and fixed name ect are all missing now and gone back to how they was before i fixed them. i have never seen this before kinda crazy lol . and what i mean by reset i mean the folders & id3 tags have gone to how they was when i added them to the drive

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 10:36 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Do you have any backup or syncing programm running?
Or do you sync with a cloud service?

Also, please check the WD drive utililties. Should be on the HDD itself. IIRC the WD drive utility has an option for backup and restore. Please check if there are any backup plans or something like that activated.

Are you sure you didn't delete the files by accident?

I can't imagine the hdd just resetting itself.

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 7:41 am
i did not delete anything i thought i may have to but i know i did not . plus that would not explain why all my folders and id3 tags have gone back to how they was when i added them to the drive in may or june .example i put music on hard drive that had folders of 70's 80's 90's and folders of genre's . so i fixed them and made a main folder of Old School with the 70's 80's 90's folders put in to the old school folder and same with genre folder i put all the genre folders in to a main folder called EDM . also fixed and tags ect. now they have all gone back to the way the was when i added them to the drive and also deleted every thing from now to june about 500gb of music. . i looked at the drive there is no restore or rest or anything like that. never seen anything like this before .

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 7:28 pm
so it looks like the problem was my PC shows the drive only having 3.4tb to use but on mac it shows i have 3.9tb to use and when i used my mac to add some vids it was over the 3.4tb on the PC side and some how did a reset of the drive back to the first time i added music. long story short if you use mac & pc to add music dont go over what the PC side says you can use on the drive . also can anyone tell me why on the pc side of the drive it takes 600gb to run it . as you can see i dont know a lot when it comes to how this stuff works even tho this is my first time ever having a problem with a hard drive or a pc or a mac so iv been very lucky i guess you could say lol when it comes to djing . thanks to anyone that tried to help me i know its hard to help someone when they dont know what you are saying in computer lingo

Inviato Thu 28 Sep 17 @ 9:44 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)