Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Setting Audio for 4 player mixer

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i have done this before on a different computer but trying to reprogram everything on a new computer. My controller is normally a 2 player controller. I have customized some buttons so that i can use it with the 4 player layout. My question is how do i set up the Audio so that all of the audio comes out of the controllers soundcard?

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 11:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Depends on the Controller and it's Audio setup type (Master & Headphones or Ext Mixer with Deck 1,2, etc). Which one do you use ?

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 1:20 am
I use the Numark iDJ3. I've set it up to be able to control 4 players in the past but it was on an different computer and i didnt take a snapshot of the settings before i switched.

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 1:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The IDJ3 works with Master & Headphones in the Audio setup, so nothing is changed there.
Both decks & mixer elements of the IDJ3 are controlling the LEFT and RIGHT assigned VirtualDJ Decks.
So all u need to do is to map a button on the controller (that exists on both sides) as ...
device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : deck 2 rightdeck
I think just. invert_deck will work as well, or if not try . device_side 'left' ? invert_deck "left" : invert_deck "right"
If you use the 4 decks default skin, the LEFT and RIGHT buttons on the decks do the same thing.

But keep in mind that there may be a Faders link issue.
Example.
Left side is set to Deck 1. Left Volume fader of IDJ3 controls Deck 1 Volume.
If you move the Volume Fader to a different position than the Volume of the other deck (Deck 3), once you switch Left decks, the Volume fader on the IDJ3 will not control the Volume of the deck, until it "catches" its software value (soft-takeover)
This is why controllers with only 2 mixer channels are bot suitable for 4 decks mixing, unless Decks 3 and 4 are rarely used.

Inviato Thu 21 Sep 17 @ 5:14 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)