Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Warp feature (like Ableton or Mixmeister Fusion)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

On my wish list:

The ability to warp a track through the bpm editor like you can in Ableton or Mixmeister. More specifically, I'd love to hit a tap button that places a marker throughout the song, then adjusts the time/distance between the markers so you don't have bpm drift and can turn a live drummer song with a drifting beat into one that's easily mixable and with an accurate cbg.

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 2:07 am
It may fit better in the track cleaner, since it's not something that should (could?) be done while the track is playing, but instead will result in a in a new changed audio file with a perfectly aligned beat.
That's kind of the same as with the other track cleaner functions, which create a new VDJ-edit file (with it's own icon) that you then load and play instead of the original file (for the current functions it's just an xml-file full of info, but still a new file)
So the result would be a bit like this:

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 5:46 am
Would be great !!!

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 5:13 pm
People (including me) have been wishing for this for at least seven years!

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 8:41 pm
+1

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 10:43 pm
+1 from me

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 11:52 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just an idea here, i'm about 150 miles from my machine to test, maybe some one else could try.

If you gridded a track manually and say it's calculated bpm is 100bpm. You could have a rsi script check the current bpm (as per the cbg)

Can't remember the exact but I think you can query and set playback tempo with pitch,
Something like

repeat_start_instant 'rsiPitchRider' 33ms & pitch 100 bpm ? nothing : pitch 100 bpm

I'm honestly not sure if that script will work.
You could test with any tune and set the rsi running and give the pitch a push to test,
I'm not sure of the results either.

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 1:42 pm
I have a feeling that RPM (by Gizmolabs - what was previously PCDJ Reflex) synced tracks by automatically nudging the pitch of one up or down to match the other (or master clock). It worked well because with key lock on, you never knew it was happening.

https://vimeo.com/10253047

Obviously real warping would be better, because it's so tweakable, but pitch nudging would be a step in the right direction.

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 5:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If only one of the 2 tracks has a variable beat grid you could match it to a fixed grid track with beat lock

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 6:42 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
It may fit better in the track cleaner, since it's not something that should (could?) be done while the track is playing, but instead will result in a in a new changed audio file with a perfectly aligned beat.
That's kind of the same as with the other track cleaner functions, which create a new VDJ-edit file (with it's own icon) that you then load and play instead of the original file (for the current functions it's just an xml-file full of info, but still a new file)
So the result would be a bit like this:

ANd as another save option the option to overwrite the original file.

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 10:33 am
geemixPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I too would love this feature.

A lot of songs from the 70's or 80's go way out of sync and this would be a god send.

However, if I find a track I like to play, I use a looped beat on one deck and play the track on the other. I manually speed up or slow down on the jog wheels to keep the beats in time with the looped on. I record this as a new wav /mp3 and when imported it is good to play and sync.

Not ideal, but it works for me :P

Inviato Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 10:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)