Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: First launch of the video window removes focus from the user interface window

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So if you click something (or script something) that initially launches the video window, the video window now has the focus and so mouse wheel or keyboard no longer works for user interface.

No reason to give the video window the focus when being launched from the user interface as far as I can tell. Not a big deal but it is annoying clicking back on the user interface window. Could also be confusing for some.

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 7:43 pm
is this on extended monitor or small screen popping up on single monitor?

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 11:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure i get what you mean, but I tried this..
Loaded a track on a deck.
Used SPACE plays/pause track.
Used CTRL+V to enable video (or click on the Master Preview panel)
Used SPACE again. Works. So keyboard still has focus and its assigned actions work.
Do i miss something here ?

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 11:16 pm
I loaded a track in so it started video and without clicking or anything hovered mouse over browser and could scroll.
then closed video, restarted vdj, activated video window by clicking tellyvisual on and was still able to scroll browser without clicking anything with mouse.

am I missing something?

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 11:31 pm
Yeah keyboard still works my mistake. Mouse wheel no longer works though until you click back on the user interface.

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 11:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Mouse wheel works fine too. Perhaps you could further explain the exact steps when "...if you click something (or script something) that initially launches the video window,"

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 11:58 pm
I can use control v or click on some effect to bring up video window.... With video window now the active window, mouse wheel stops working for me for scrolling in VDJ browser. .. This is of course assuming you have not clicked back on the user interface... I do this a lot. Start VDJ , activate something, go to scroll with mouse wheel in VDJ browser.. i kind of watch it to scroll first but interrupts my work flow. Shut VDJ down and start over and over and over haha.

does not matter what screen video window comes up on. I am using Win7.

For me... Start VDJ, ctrl V, don't click back on UI... mouse wheel stops working for browsing songs until I make the UI active window again. I can ctrl v to turn video window back off and that has effect of making the UI active window again so mouse wheel works again.

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 12:11 am
was finally able to duplicate when i got on the club computer to test - a win7 pc

other than that is working on my other systems and they're all win10.

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 1:23 am
Should be an easy fix.

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 1:39 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I can confirm.
Just happend to me yesterday.

I just opened up VDJ, loaded a video, video window opens, than I tried to close VDJ with ALT+F4 but only the video window closed.

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 6:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)