Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: KARAOKE (Thank You)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys. Just wanted to personally thank you for the recent patch on the program, for the Karaoke DJ's.

Adding the recent singers drop down menu, for the current session is going to save me a lot of time and typing...

I have so many karaoke singers that, I have to remove some old singers, to make room for the new ones during the night.....

I love it. It works great.

It's going to help me out a lot.

Now just give us Singer History from a Year ago, and a Better Rotation system... Wishful Thinking.

Thanks again.

Inviato Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 5:33 pm
I agree. Thanks I appreciate the development for the requested karaoke enhancements. This will definitely make it easier and faster!

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 17 @ 9:28 pm
OK I am trying it tonight. I Like it; but, the box needs to be bigger so you can more names as you scroll. Still thankful.

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 12:19 am
how do i get the lyrics to show,the song plays but no lyrics,i download my karaoke from itunes,im new to this so dont really know what im doing any help would be gr*

Inviato Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 8:27 pm
jucenicPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Are you play videos before? Easy like that

Inviato Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 6:12 am
DjBane77 wrote :
how do i get the lyrics to show,the song plays but no lyrics,i download my karaoke from itunes,im new to this so dont really know what im doing any help would be gr*

I don't think those are karaoke files.
Aren't they simply instrumental versions?
To be a real karaoke version they need to be in a karaoke file format which include the lyrics and when to show it.
Like the mp3+g format
I don't think iTunes sell those

Inviato Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 6:32 am
VDJ MikeyMike wrote :

Now just give us Singer History from a Year ago, and a Better Rotation system... Wishful Thinking.

Thanks again.

Singer history is already there, not sure if you are aware - under List, History, Karaoke and then shown under each singer's name.

Inviato Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 2:28 pm
ZubazzPRO InfinityMember since 2012
ANNND.... Thank you for the PAUSE BUTTON in Karaoke Mode!!! It was a much needed feature. Too many times, i have singers that are just not ready yet. Perfect.

Inviato Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 8:11 pm
Are there any videos online to see how to get karaoke going? After I load a song in the playlist, how do I tag a persons name to it who's going to sing it? Should I download an addon?

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 4:08 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 4:12 am
Thanks Adion.

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 4:17 am
Would you know how to skip to the next background song in Karaoke Mode while I'm waiting for the next singer? Assuming there is lyrics in the background song that are offensive?

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 4:37 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have selected automix as background music list, simply don't add any offensive songs to the automix list.

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 6:12 am
Sorry I explained a wrong scenario and didn't think about all the situations where that I need to quickly change over a song. Yeah small chance of that happening but I guess the answer is no that it can't be done. There's other scenarios that a song is playing and I have to quickly change into the next song..

Some issues though I see for tomorrows party using Karaoke mode that's going to make have to figure out how to handle playing music while waiting for karaoke singers.

1) Using Automix as a background source doesn't allow skipping to the next song. (For example if someone wants a birthday song played.... etc)
2) Can't see what song is playing in the automix list (Unless I look up at the playing deck)
3) Automix background doesn't remove already played songs.
4) Switching between karaoke mode and automix mode isn't a clean transition for when a party gets going or vise versa singers start coming at a more steady rate.

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 12:50 pm
I use VDJ for Karaoke in Nashville, TN, Two Nights a week.

I usually have an automix playlist with about 50 or so songs.... These are my goto songs.... but I do NOT use the play from automix automatically between singers.

I always do it manually. For example. I use my right side player for Music, and always use my left side player for karaoke songs. It works great.

So sometimes I stop the automix and load a great song on the right while a singer is singing, and I just hit play when they're finished. Sometimes I even beatmix in the new song off their Karaoke song.... Impresses some people...lol

Anyway... I just don't like have the auto feature enabled, because I like more hands on. and No Dead Air.... Thats a biggie for me.... Many Many Karaoke Jocks have dead air, and they think it's OK..... Well Not on my nights.... I'm oldschool I guess....

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 9:46 pm
Thanks MikeyMike.

I found a solution though. For tomorrow I'm going to just run automix and DJ like I normally do. I actually found that you can add a column called singer to the automix playlist. After I slide it there then I can hit the + beside the singer to add there name. When it gets hot and heavy with singing I can switch it over to Karaoke mode where it displays the singers names on the screen. (I might not even switch it over if I'm happy with how it's doing using regular automix).

Thanks and the only thing that might bother me a little in the party is if I have to check history on who sings. It's not showing the singers history in Lists & Advice/History.

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 10:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)