Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SR2 Compatibility for VDJ - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Did you check the addon section for a skin?

Inviato Sat 30 Dec 17 @ 3:32 am
A Man and His Music wrote :

They just have one for the ddj sr1

Inviato Sat 30 Dec 17 @ 1:24 pm
Well there you go. You can use that one. :-)

Inviato Sat 30 Dec 17 @ 2:03 pm
Having more and more issues with my new pioneer DDJSR2. Have the drivers installed and it works but now I get static in the program playing tracks. I thought maybe the issue was with my laptop HP but when I plugged in my pioneer DDJSB2, the program and sound were perfect. Really like this new controller but not if it is going to be quirky. Has anyone else had issues with this controller running reliably? Seems like the VDJ software interface with the controller is amiss. Or, is it possibly the controller itself?

Jim

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 4:52 pm
drbones2nd wrote :
Having more and more issues with my new pioneer DDJSR2. Have the drivers installed and it works but now I get static in the program playing tracks. I thought maybe the issue was with my laptop HP but when I plugged in my pioneer DDJSB2, the program and sound were perfect. Really like this new controller but not if it is going to be quirky. Has anyone else had issues with this controller running reliably? Seems like the VDJ software interface with the controller is amiss. Or, is it possibly the controller itself?

Jim

Try adjusting latency also make sure all connections are solid

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 6:01 pm
I loaded in a newer version of virtual DJ. Clicking noise is better but now two out of the three fx nobs on the top do mot work when I click on them. This is on both decks. We are this thing has a mind of its own. Yes, increased the latency setting in the past which helped the stop the tracks from freezing. So many glitches and issues with this new controller. My DDJSB2 was literally plug and play. This controller with VDJ has been a pain. Fix one issue another one pops up like the FX buttons not working...

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 6:48 pm
There are two FX modes in VDJ. The operation of the controller knobs changes depending on the mode you're in.

I suggest you read the VDJ operating manual and the VDJ setup guide for the SR2.

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 7:45 pm
don't suppose you have a link to those?

Thank you.

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 8:11 pm

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 8:59 pm
Thanks for the links unfortunately they did not help. At my wits end with this thing. Now playing a track the vocals are clear, back ground guitar is barely audible. Pull out the XLR from the back and put it in the other channel and presto...it works....Then, tomorrow, playing that same track, I will have to pull out the XLR and put it back in the other output....frustrating. Song is Van Halen dance the night away....beginning part...opening background guitar..barely hear it.

Still have zero function hitting the 2 other FX buttons. They do not light up. They worked 2 days ago...now they don't...

Put in my other Pioneer DDJSB2 and everything works perfect. Might throw the towel in on this controller and send it back. Upon first booting up VDJ, I need to open and reopen it on average 3 times before it works.

Anyhow, I am no computer wiz by a long shot. Just wish it was more plug and play like my other controller.

I have loaded and reloaded Virtual DJ 6 times with different updates...still notta. All my drivers are up to date on pioneer website.

Oh well....I give up.

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 11:08 pm
drbones2nd wrote :
Thanks for the links unfortunately they did not help. At my wits end with this thing. Now playing a track the vocals are clear, back ground guitar is barely audible. Pull out the XLR from the back and put it in the other channel and presto...it works....Then, tomorrow, playing that same track, I will have to pull out the XLR and put it back in the other output....frustrating. Song is Van Halen dance the night away....beginning part...opening background guitar..barely hear it.

Still have zero function hitting the 2 other FX buttons. They do not light up. They worked 2 days ago...now they don't...
Put in my other Pioneer DDJSB2 and everything works perfect. Might throw the towel in on this controller and send it back. Upon first booting up VDJ, I need to open and reopen it on average 3 times before it works.
Anyhow, I am no computer wiz by a long shot. Just wish it was more plug and play like my other controller.
I have loaded and reloaded Virtual DJ 6 times with different updates...still notta. All my drivers are up to date on pioneer website.
Oh well....I give up.

That opening Guitar is only on the left channel .... do you have both speakers hooked up and turned on?
you could try running mono if u can only use one channel otherwise you will lose content in music from this era as alot is recorded the same way.
have you tried using the booth output as master cause it matches the same connection as the sb2 rca instead of TRS connectors on the sr2

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 11:58 pm
I am running one XLR to my Yamaha sub. Then out to my DXR10 top. Run a link from that DXR10 oo the other DXR10 top. put them both in mono and now it sounds good. One small victory. lol. When I run both subs I will use both outputs on the Controller. Will play Van halen 40 more times to see if that mono button on both tops fixes it. This thing has a mind of its own.

One other question. Some times I like to run videos off of you tube red. Have an entire play list and hook it up thru my controller. I shut down VDJ and just have you tube open. However, the videos get some distortion in them, click, stutter and speed up..as if lagging. when I run You tube thru my other controller, zero issues. Same laptop.

Just played can Halen track and some others and I they are freezing during play...arrgggh. thought that was fixed after adjusting the latency. Man there has got to be something screwy going on with my controller. Like chasing ghosts.

Thanks for your help.

Inviato Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 2:25 am
This is confusing. You will not get that guitar riff, unless you are in mono from the software, and/or the controller. I have both of these controllers, and they are indeed plug and play. Can you post a picture of your sound card settings? Also, you are just asking for trouble if you are sharing your sound card with VirtualDJ, and YouTube. It is illegal to use YouTube videos, and if you use them, what is the quality? Also, if you are using VirtualDJ, and YouTube is in the background, is that causing some of the pops and clicks you are having? Finally, it could be the controller. Do you live near New Jersey?

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 4:00 am
How is it illegal to use you tube videos since I DJ for fun, not as a business? I pay ten bucks a month for you tube red. You can build your own playlists without any ads. Really cool while hosting a party. Anyhow, I spoke to the techs at the place I bought my controller and they think it possibly is an issue with the controller and will trade it in for a new one. Hopefully, that will solve my issues. If not, I will take a photo of my sound card settings but am pretty confident they are correct since everything works fine with my other Pioneer controller.

Thanks for the input.

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 2:34 pm

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 2:48 pm
drbones2nd wrote :
How is it illegal to use you tube videos since I DJ for fun, not as a business? I pay ten bucks a month for you tube red. You can build your own playlists without any ads. Really cool while hosting a party. Anyhow, I spoke to the techs at the place I bought my controller and they think it possibly is an issue with the controller and will trade it in for a new one. Hopefully, that will solve my issues. If not, I will take a photo of my sound card settings but am pretty confident they are correct since everything works fine with my other Pioneer controller.

Thanks for the input.

You can use youtube. Disable the functionality on vdj8 config

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 2:50 pm
drbones2nd wrote :
I loaded in a newer version of virtual DJ. Clicking noise is better but now two out of the three fx nobs on the top do mot work when I click on them. This is on both decks. We are this thing has a mind of its own. Yes, increased the latency setting in the past which helped the stop the tracks from freezing. So many glitches and issues with this new controller. My DDJSB2 was literally plug and play. This controller with VDJ has been a pain. Fix one issue another one pops up like the FX buttons not working...

You can modify on your vdj8 config to lock the program to your controller

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 2:51 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :

some skin is not really compatible to the controller. I have some to recommend if he wants to.

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 2:52 pm
drbones2nd wrote :

Jim

use the pioneer asio setting. download and install the driver and the latest firmware

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 2:53 pm
drbones2nd wrote :
How is it illegal to use you tube videos

Because it's against their terms and conditions. YouTube is for personal home use only, not for DJing.

I find it hard to believe that you've spent money on a PA system (Yamaha sub and DXR10s) for home use....

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 3:17 pm
94%