Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: In place of a little color point on each pad, I want to color the whole pad in the choosen color !!! How can I do ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

In place of a little point of color on each pad, I want to color the whole pad in the choosen color !!! How can I do ???

It should be already done in the original version 8 of VirtualDJ ... or this option should be suggested in the options...

Do you know how to do ?

So each pad on my control-screen will be more visible and similar from the pads of my Pioneer DDJ-RZ ... and even better :)

Could you ask the "Devs" (of VirtualDJ) to develop this in their next version :)))

Thank you in advance :)

Inviato Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 1:56 pm
That's a skin feature and it's up to the skin developer how to use.

As an example:

Inviato Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 5:16 pm
@user15223680 you need to bear in mind that on the VDJ skin, text is displayed on the pads (like the cue numbers above, and names of samples).

If the whole pad changes colour then in certain instances the text may get lost against the background - i.e. white text on yellow pad.

Inviato Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 6:19 pm
Dear PhantomDeejay : Thank you for your suggestion... A line is already beter than a point ;) But I would like the whole pad colored ... It should be easely suggested in the "options" ... Why just a nearly invisible little point ? (there no need to remind there again the colour of the deck) ...

Dear groovindj : You are right ... The text must stay visible/"read able" ; ... It's would be a kidgame for the VirtualDJ developper to use a text color visible through the different choosen colors for the pad ... white or black or red or ... text ... even a different color for the text depending of each different color of the pad... to stay visible :) it would be "happy" like a Xmas tree :)))
The text is also very important to keep :)

Of course there is not need (I don't want) to change the whole skin or to get developper myself... It's a wish which costs a few minutes of developping :))) Thanks in advance.

I'm using the 4 decks original skin.

Inviato Thu 09 Nov 17 @ 8:48 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The whole pad colour is there to (in some instances) tell you if that pad is on/active.

I agree a line is better than a dot, I'd personally go for line at base of the pad for pad colour and a line at the pad top for a active indicator.

See the xml for the skin 'the thing' or silversleak 3, it may take a bit of time and a good few questions for you to skin it yourself but once you get it, you'll be on your way to having a skin exactly right for you.

Inviato Thu 09 Nov 17 @ 2:46 pm
Thank you Locodog about your solution taking an exemple in the skin "The Thing" ... How can I enter and modify the 4 decks vdj original skin, even in xml ?

How can I go and see in "The Thing" to copy the change done compared from the 4 decks original vdj skin ?

locodog wrote :
The whole pad colour is there to (in some instances) tell you if that pad is on/active.

I agree a line is better than a dot, I'd personally go for line at base of the pad for pad colour and a line at the pad top for a active indicator.

See the xml for the skin 'the thing' or silversleak 3, it may take a bit of time and a good few questions for you to skin it yourself but once you get it, you'll be on your way to having a skin exactly right for you.

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 17 @ 3:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm no skinner.
See the skin developers section in the wiki.

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 17 @ 6:38 pm
grobik0Home userMember since 2016

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 6:40 pm
FRUiTs skin has this feature

Inviato Sat 10 Feb 18 @ 6:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)