Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NOTE] Pulselocker shuts it's service down as of now - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hi forums, i just recieved the e-mail (of which you can see a screenshot below) and i was really shocked to see that Pulselocker is shutting down. Unfortunately i've recently began porting and creating all my playlists to their service in hopes of finally getting rid of local files but apparently the time is not here yet.
I'm very sad and frustrated to see Pulselocker go and i hope that either they or someone else will pick DJ music streaming up and offer a solid product.
There is also already a small german thread about this but i wanted to let the international DJ community know that doesn't recieve Pulselocker mails.

http://status.pulselocker.com/

https://virtualdj.com/forums/220755/German_Forum/Betrieb_von_Pulselocker_eingestellt_.html
Regards, Daniel

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 11:41 pm
Surprised it lasted this long......

Inviato Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 12:55 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

Why should it have died sooner?

Inviato Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 1:34 am
If anyone needs go get their playlists off of Pulselocker you need to use soundiiz.com like user "medialist" already pointed out in the german post about this

Inviato Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 1:45 am
Any suggests on who even comes close to pulselocker for older songs?...i just signed up and got email....service has shut down...there goes my joyful spirit...help!!

Inviato Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 10:16 am
I've just been reading some of the posts on the Serato forum, from (alleged) DJs complaining that they've got gigs, and their whole library was from Pulselocker.

SMH, facepalm etc.

Inviato Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 11:39 am
Greed wins again

Inviato Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 5:54 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
After much though I've just canceled my Deezer subscription and am following Wildcountryclubs example by buying my songs..and if I can't I'll do without. Anyway that gives me a huge potential library and my downloads go straight into my Download folder which is a favorite in my VDJ8 browser. So they are ready for instant use..almost.

Inviato Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 5:58 pm
You shouldn't have been using Deezer for gigs anyway.

I still subscribe to a streaming service despite buying my tracks from a professional resource (intended for public use).

It's useful to audition stuff, to see what's popular and for the "smart" features that the commercial service doesn't provide. It's worthwhile just for that - I don't need it for gigs.

Inviato Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 6:33 pm
unIimited wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

Why should it have died sooner?

Because it’s trash and gives these new djs false hope.

Why in the hell would anybody base their ENTIRE library off of a streaming service?? That’s just crazy!!

I do pay for content unlimited but it’s basically my way of supporting VDJ since I’m not buying another copy.

And it was never really good anyways.....

Inviato Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 12:58 am
groovindj wrote :
I've just been reading some of the posts on the Serato forum, from (alleged) DJs complaining that they've got gigs, and their whole library was from Pulselocker.

SMH, facepalm etc.

Those poor DJs. It's just not fair. Why should they have to buy their music and videos, just because I do? For the love of GOD, someone please help these poor DJs out. Help them Oprah, help them Baby Jesus. I know, I will start a Go Fund me page for them. Here is the link.........................

It's there, just keep looking.

Inviato Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 7:50 am

Could it be temporary?

Inviato Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 12:53 pm
DarthGoofy wrote :

Could it be temporary?

By the sounds of the E-Mail they might come back at some point, but it's more of an "if" than a "when". Don't expect them to come back anytime soon. Fact is, the service is now dead. Period.

Inviato Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 8:34 am
Of Course they collected their subscription fees that same day they announced shutting down. I was billed three days prior. Would be fair if they gave back what they took. But we all know how that goes. They made sure they walk out money in there pockets.

Inviato Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 4:48 pm
What about Spotify? I was using this service, but it was so slow then non existant. I then read about Spotify buying groovelocker? But I can’t even get an account there! Set aside from buying my songs, any ideas?? Looking for a streaming service

Inviato Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 7:36 pm
Deezer for personal use only or Content Unlimited which isn't that great.

Those are the only two options at present.

Inviato Mon 13 Nov 17 @ 7:58 pm
??? wrote :
[ Just deleted comment about their offline tracks still working and if that's the expected behaviour ]

People said that Pulselocker made it so that nobody can play anything anymore - not even offline tracks - but my offline cached tracks work 100% fine as well which i would expect.

Inviato Tue 14 Nov 17 @ 11:26 am
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A Man and His Music wrote :
groovindj wrote :

SMH, facepalm etc.

Those poor DJs. It's just not fair. Why should they have to buy their music and videos, just because I do? For the love of GOD, someone please help these poor DJs out. Help them Oprah, help them Baby Jesus. I know, I will start a Go Fund me page for them. Here is the link.........................

Well Said I agree 1000%
If only there was a company to buy from , like a promotional music for DJ's, and wide selections. maybe even call it Promo Only, or something like .

Inviato Tue 14 Nov 17 @ 2:48 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Inviato Tue 14 Nov 17 @ 7:55 pm
mrdjal wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :
groovindj wrote :

SMH, facepalm etc.

Well Said I agree 1000%
If only there was a company to buy from , like a promotional music for DJ's, and wide selections. maybe even call it Promo Only, or something like .

A lot of DJs are bashing Pulselocker users now like they were the dumbest sheeps to subscribe to a service like it was. But i had a good reason: there is no DJ pool or other service that has all the music i need. Also none of them really have german charts or german hip-hop. Some of them don't even have international classics like Gorillaz' Demon Days album. I've taken a lot of samples from my library and Pulselocker had the coverage lead by a very large margin of 90% coverage over Promo Only and BPM Supreme with about 40%. Ofcourse this is subjetive but that's the point.
Surely i can subscribe to a pool (which i'll probably have to do) but getting all the missing music for my sets will become much more expensive and less intuitive than with a streaming service like Pulselocker.

Inviato Tue 14 Nov 17 @ 10:08 pm
69%