Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Some samples not playing when DDJ-SX2 pad is pressed and volume changes.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

G'day all,

New user and total newbie here so please forgive my dumb questions and my future dumb questions!

I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 with latest version VDJ.

I have no problems with all the default samples ect working with the Pioneers PADS but when I downloaded and installed some samples (I got them from this website in the ADD-ONs section), where some of the samples stop working, as in, you can't hear them. I did try to edit them but was warned by software its not possible but all I wanted to do was re-position them in the list so that my favoured samples were higher up the list and lined up with the Pads on my controller.

Also, when they are working, as in you can hear them, the volume changes when I have pressed the PAD. If I press again then the volume changes some times increasing to normal level then back to almost off. Press the Pad via mouse on program and they don't change their volume.

I ended up deleting the whole samples pack in question, in the browser section, then shutting down VDJ and re-installing the samples pack, restarting and they all come back. I still have the volume changing thing so I expect its a simple setting I haven't discovered yet..

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Robert.

Inviato Tue 21 Nov 17 @ 11:53 pm

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 12:50 am
I don't own this controller, but aren't these velocity pads, meaning the volume increases with the amount of pressure applied?

EDIT: Yeah, what he said

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 12:54 am
wickedmix wrote :
have a look at the manual for that controller here https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx2/layout/pads.html

look for velocity mode. I am sure you will want to not use it so the volume doesn't change by the amount of pressure you are using on the pads.

... ahhh ok, I did go through the manual but didn't read it close enough to notice velocity mode.

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 12:54 am
It's also worth mentioning (in case you've not read the VDJ manual) that samples can be put into groups. This might be why you think some samples "stop working" - grouped samples cut each other off.

Akai call this a mute group, which makes slightly more sense. Typically you'd put (for example) a closed hi-hat sample in the same group as an open hi-hat sample because a hi-hat is either open or closed, it can't be both.

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 5:59 pm
groovindj wrote :
It's also worth mentioning (in case you've not read the VDJ manual) that samples can be put into groups. This might be why you think some samples "stop working" - grouped samples cut each other off.

Akai call this a mute group, which makes slightly more sense. Typically you'd put (for example) a closed hi-hat sample in the same group as an open hi-hat sample because a hi-hat is either open or closed, it can't be both.

... ahh yeah, that makes sense. Thanks! :)

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 3:47 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)