Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8.2 has updated and reset to a clean install ???

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

This is quite disturbing.

Closed VDJ a few days ago, all good, previously having used the software for well over a year without any problems.

Just now I launch VDJ and immediately a Window pops up
virtusldj8.exe - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive F:. ( I include the colon and full stop as that appears in the message)
Buttons 'Cancel' 'Try Again' 'Continue' (None of these work they just make the message remain and warn me again)

At the same time the program UI is visible behind the message and then Auto Updates.

then I see all my playlists, my Main hard drive with my music files (within the laptop not external) everything has gone and VDJ has defaulted to look like a fresh install version.

I check Settings
It is still registered to me, my Denon MC6000 Mk2 is still listed (although not connected when this happened)

What the hell is going on??

If this was just before a gig I would be royally screwed.

Yes I have playlists backed up but if the HDD preference has been removed during this update I am going to have to relocate every file in my playlists. I check the HDD and thast is totally fine and has not been moved to a new location etc.

Tech details are
Lenovo Core i7 2 GHz with 8 GB Ram - 64-bit
Windows 10 Home (fully updated)
Installed VDJ version v8.2 b3967

Having gone from PCDJ (all versions for over ten years / via Serato to then, out of frustration with Serato, finding what I thought was a solid reliable playout software in VDJ this has truly wobbled my confidence BIG TIME for future pro gigs.

Any suggestions or help most welcome, thanks, Rob

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 8:22 pm

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 8:44 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)