Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loop not working properly - is it my pc?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi-
Perhaps my laptop /soundcard isn't up to snuff, but often times when i've got two decks playing, where i'm cueing one song up in my headphones, and i'm trying to sync up /beatmix, the loop on the incoming song doesn't work properly - it's not clean and the in/out points i set are off. However, if i only play one deck at a time, the loop is perfect. - so i suspect my laptop/soundcard isn't able handle two decks playing so the loop screws up.

any thoughts/suggestions?

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 9:36 pm
I think if you tell us what PC you have, someone can help you. I can say for sure that if you have a 486/586/Pentium 1, P2, P3 etc.... system, it's time to upgrade.

Also mention the version of VDJ you're using.

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 1:21 am
thanks - i'm running windows 10 on an Asus laptop. intel core i3-4010u cpu 1.70ghz 6gb ram 64 bit op system x64 based processor, and i've got vdj 8.2.

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 1:10 pm

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 1:44 pm
hmmm..you could be right. might be a setting , as in i de selected all except smart loop, and it doesn't seem to be messing with the cue points now. i guess i'll need to play around with those settings some more as i'm not exactly sure how they work. i find the descriptions in that link a little hard to grasp. i almost need to just play around to understand it rather than reading about it. what settings do you typically use? also, i'm just noticing now that the pitch is auto adjusting for some reason somewhat randomly while the other deck isn't even playing. do you know why that might be happening? now i'm watching the pitch on vdj8 interface adjust up and down, and the track isn't even playing on either deck!

thanks.

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 3:09 pm
i use personally
smart play = yes
smart cue = yes
smart loop = yes
quantizeloop = yes
cueloopautosync = yes
globalquantize = 1 beat

with these setting and a good beat grid i can get a loop of any beat length that is pretty flawless by just using auto loop.

I assume you are using some controller by your license .. if pitch is moving on its own and you are not using timecode I would think it could be a controller hardware issue.

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 3:19 pm
yes i'm using a numark mixdeck express. maybe time to upgrade as it's about 6 years old but it'll have to do for now..have a gig this weekend! :) thx again for your input

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 17 @ 3:36 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)