Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Keeping EQ settings from track to track.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Greetings,

I have a Deck 1 and Deck 2 10 Band EQ that starts in the ONINIT. Although resetEqOnLoad is set to NO my EQs are resetting to flat when I exit the track.

Please!!! What code do I need to put into my ONINIT to keep EQs set where I have them ?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Inviato Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 8:59 am
Assuming you're running these on the FX plugin slots of each deck then of course resetEQOnLoad won't do anything - because they're EFFECTS. The EQ that gets reset is the standard built in 3 band low, mid & high mixer EQ.

I'm wondering, what are you playing that needs so much EQ?

Inviato Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 9:03 am
Don't use it on each deck, load it as a master effect and it won't change.

Inviato Sat 20 Jan 18 @ 9:09 am
groovindj wrote :
Assuming you're running these on the FX plugin slots of each deck then of course resetEQOnLoad won't do anything - because they're EFFECTS. The EQ that gets reset is the standard built in 3 band low, mid & high mixer EQ.

I'm wondering, what are you playing that needs so much EQ?

I have several EQ profiles built. One has bass bump ;for tracks that need it. Others are more "Fletcher Munson" curves for really bad anemic sounding tracks.

Normally on a gig I'll take in a console that has it's own EQ. But if I go light and don't take the console I want to EQ from VDJ.

I'll try loading EQ 10 bands as a Master Effect to see if that works. But I'd LOVE to get the Effects 10 band EQs to not reset..

Inviato Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 8:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Maybe resetFxOnLoad is enabled?

Inviato Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 9:30 am
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
bass bump ;for tracks that need it. Others are more "Fletcher Munson"

My suggestion would be to make new equalized versions of those tracks, so you can play them anywhere at any time without needing EQ.

That's what I do. If it needs fixing, fix it - permanently!

Inviato Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 10:54 am
groovindj wrote :
JimmyL-DJ wrote :
bass bump ;for tracks that need it. Others are more "Fletcher Munson"

My suggestion would be to make new equalized versions of those tracks, so you can play them anywhere at any time without needing EQ.

That's what I do. If it needs fixing, fix it - permanently!

Now that would be a massive project re-equalizing so many tracks. Plus I'm EQ'ing the room. If I'm using the bass bin(s) it changes everything. Sometimes I gig with just the uppers. Then I have to boost the bass no matter what track I'm playing.

Inviato Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 8:26 pm
In that case you need to ask yourself why so many tracks sound bad...

Is it the files (low bit rate)? Is it your audio equipment, or your speakers?

I've been DJing since the 70s and I don't recall ever having to "EQ a room", so you must either be playing in some horrendous venues or your equipment is not up to the job.

Most of the time I use subs, but I've also done small gigs without, and it doesn't "change everything". There's just slightly less bass extension. Ceratinly not bad enough to need to EQ every track.

Commercial music is already professionally mastered. It shouldn't need EQ. You should just be able to play it flat - unless there's something else amiss.

Inviato Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 9:27 pm
groovindj wrote :
In that case you need to ask yourself why so many tracks sound bad...

Is it the files (low bit rate)? Is it your audio equipment, or your speakers?

I've been DJing since the 70s and I don't recall ever having to "EQ a room", so you must either be playing in some horrendous venues or your equipment is not up to the job.

Most of the time I use subs, but I've also done small gigs without, and it doesn't "change everything". There's just slightly less bass extension. Ceratinly not bad enough to need to EQ every track.

Commercial music is already professionally mastered. It shouldn't need EQ. You should just be able to play it flat - unless there's something else amiss.

I started in the late 70s. I've found the room makes a huge difference. Small bar with a low ceiling, large bar with high ceiling, whole banquet room, half banquet room, outside gigs. I generally apply the Fletcher Munson curve and make slight adjustments per the room.

And the adjustments change with the volume level, and the amount of people in the room. Volume is low...bass adjustments go up. Higher volume levels my EQ flattens out.

No bass bin(s) I have to boost the bass. My small system is a pair of QSC KW-12s that I use the 7 degree tilt and crank them up very high. Bring in the KW-181 and I don't have to push the 12's so much.

The current tracks I buy are pretty good. I'm mostly video now. It's the older tracks like stuff in the 50s need help with some bottom end and high end. I use ProVideos4DJs as my music supplier. They re-master most of their tracks. They sound so much better then tracks I have gotten from VJStreet.

Yes I have played some horrendous venues. School gyms are horrible. Rooms with glass walls are horrible. Usually small rooms with low ceilings don't need much help.

I'm just not a "flat" kind a guy. I like pants shaking bass and clear and clean mid/highs. I'm a follower of Fletcher Munson. His theory states that the human ear is not as sensitive at the lower and higher ends of the sound spectrum. That's why a lot of DJs, Clubs, and Autos have EQs set in the shape of a "U".

Normally I take a console that has a stand alone EQ. Now I'm trying to eliminate it and run from the laptop to the KW-12s. Without some bass boost the sound is very "anemic". No punch.

Thus that is why I'm trying to get good control with the EQ in VDJ. Less equipment means quicker setup and teardown times.

Inviato Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 3:54 am
Adion wrote :
Maybe resetFxOnLoad is enabled?

Nope. The resetFXOnLoad is set to NO.

But I did load the EQ10 as a Master Effect. That works. Ejecting tracks do not reset it to flat. Unfortunately profiles do not work. No big deal though.

Thanks for the help.

Inviato Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 6:16 am
Maybe you should look into using an enhancer/exciter instead, so it's actually adding low and/or high itself by synthesizing them, rather than trying to boost what isn't there.

Inviato Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 5:48 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
JimmyL-DJ wrote :

But I did load the EQ10 as a Master Effect.

What's the script to load effect as Master Effect?

Wondering if anyone has tried not expensive any device/hardware that can use on the left and right side to mimic the 10 ban EQ with sliders/knobs?

And how would do you connect it to a controller/laptop?

Inviato Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 11:47 pm
ohshit wrote :

In general?

deck master effect_select 'xxx' or deck master effect_active 'xxx' if you want to turn it on/off

So in this case:

deck master effect_select 'EQ10'
and/or
deck master effect_active 'EQ10'

Inviato Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:21 am
groovindj wrote :
Maybe you should look into using an enhancer/exciter instead, so it's actually adding low and/or high itself by synthesizing them, rather than trying to boost what isn't there.

Yes I went through that stage many years ago. I ran a Behringer Ultrabass on my big system. It was ok, but it seemed to make the sound a bit un-natural, and it was hard on the amp. I was restricted to a 15 amp draw so I had to be careful not to pull too much current.

For a club with plenty of power I'm sure it would work fine. Now just a little bass bump on the EQ is good.

Inviato Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:26 am
ohshit wrote :
JimmyL-DJ wrote :

But I did load the EQ10 as a Master Effect.

Wondering if anyone has tried not expensive any device/hardware that can use on the left and right side to mimic the 10 ban EQ with sliders/knobs?

And how would do you connect it to a controller/laptop?

On my skin I have a "Master Effect" section above the Deck 1 and Deck 2 volume sliders. I load in "EQ 10 Bands" and simply turn it on. If I right click it the EQ is put on my skin. Right click it again and it stays on, but disappears from the skin. See below compared to my skin shown above in this thread.

Inviato Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:33 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)