Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Analyze problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

When I right click on my external hard drive and I click batch/analyze for bpm etc....it takes at least 2-3 seconds per track. With over 80,000 files it is going to take more than a week. This is a brand new and VERY fast computer. Am I doing something wrong, or is it supposed to take that long?
I have turned off the internet and disabled any security software.

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 3:55 pm
if you truly need to analyze all those files it is going to take TIME.

you may be better off adding only the files you will be playing in each set a day or 2 ahead of time that way you can do this over a long period of time and i am willing to bet you only add a small portion of those 80k files if you do it this way.

most of the time i play 15 - 25 songs per hour depending on what i am doing

good luck and have fun.

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 4:17 pm
It might be a very fast computer, but you're using an external drive, so the speed is dependent on the (presumably) USB connection between computer and drive. It could be caused by the port you're using. It could be the USB cable. It could be the drive hardware.

Is the drive directly connected, or are you using a hub?

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 4:25 pm
It's directly attached, no hub...USB 3.0

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 4:27 pm
I have a solid state drive in my computer and it still takes 2-4 seconds (at least) per track to analyze. I am starting to think it just takes that long. Strange that it would take 4 days to analyze my entire library, but I guess it just does.

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 4:33 pm
Something is amiss there. Even on my laptop it doesn't take anywhere near two seconds per track.

On my top end desktop PC I'd guess it would have scanned 5 or 6 tracks in that time - maybe more.

This is with audio MP3s though. What type of files are you scanning?

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 4:50 pm
I am scanning karaoke, video, and mp3. They all take the same amount of time though.

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 4:55 pm
As you've been a member here since 2015, surely this can't be the first time you've scanned your files...

You mentioned a new computer, but as you're using an external drive there should be no need to scan those files again, as the database would be on the external drive (assuming you've used it with your old computer).

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 5:07 pm
I am not sure the scan is the same with VDJ8. It seems to be collecting more information...regardless, my old computer NEVER took this long to scan. MP3's were almost instantaneous....

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 5:42 pm
So I just watched a video on youtube....some guy explaining how to batch analyze. It takes that amount of time for him too. It's just the nature of the beast I guess. Thanks for your help.

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 5:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
2 seconds per track is normal.
Most modern computers will take between 2 and 10 seconds for analyzing 10 minutes of audio data.
If you have a quad core with hyperthreading and you are not doing anything else VirtualDJ will analyze 3 files at the same time, so in that case the average time would be a bit faster of course.

Anyway, it's not absolutely necessary to analyze all your files, you can just load them when you want to play them and they will be analyzed as needed.

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 6:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
3 seconds * 80k = 66 hours 40 minutes

Just do as the rest of us did, batch analyse 6k tracks a night/day/whenever you sleep.

Inviato Sun 18 Feb 18 @ 8:51 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
And create a filter folder with

isscanned = 0 and exists = 1

The folder will contain all unscanned tracks. That way you are able to abort/ close VDJ while it is still analysing and continue later only with the unscanned tracks.

Inviato Mon 19 Feb 18 @ 9:07 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)