Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Playlist scrolling when using keyboard

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

sjf_apuPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm using VDJ 8 with a late 2009 Mac book White. I have been having this problem for a while now.
Whenever I use the keyboard to play/pause or other certain keys to control other functions, the playlist goes to the very bottom or very top of the page.
This is very anoying when I am making new playlist or adding songs to a playlist.
Example: I choose a song from a long playlist and load it on deck A or B. I press the spacebar to Play/Pause the track.
When I do that, The playlist page goes to the very bottom or very top of the page causing me to search that playlist page again to start again were I left off.

Thanks,
Sam

Inviato Tue 06 Mar 18 @ 1:35 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I know what you mean, it is the same when you are on an internet page and press the spacebar.
But it doesn't do it for me in VDJ. So what version/build are you using?

Inviato Tue 06 Mar 18 @ 8:55 am
Make sure that the option "browserSearchByFirstLetter" is set to no

Inviato Tue 06 Mar 18 @ 10:16 am
sjf_apuPRO InfinityMember since 2011
PhantomDeejay,

Thanks for the info, That did the trick! No More Auto scrolling!

PachN,

I'm using the latest VDJ 8.2 with Late 2009 Macbook White (Upgraded to 480G SSD and 8G Ram) running sierra.
I know it's old but no problems sofar!

Thanks Again Guys!

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 12:44 am
Why would it be searching at all if the search field does not have the focus? Should be marked as a bug and fixed I would think when the search happens when search field does not have the focus. .

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 3:57 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
searchByFirstLetter jumps to the first track starting with the typed character when a list is focussed.
If you prefer to use regular characters for keyboard shortcuts instead, even with a list focussed, you can therefore change the browserSearchByFirstLetter option.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 4:04 am
Adion wrote :
searchByFirstLetter jumps to the first track starting with the typed character when a list is focussed.
If you prefer to use regular characters for keyboard shortcuts instead, even with a list focussed, you can therefore change the browserSearchByFirstLetter option.

browserSearchByFirstLetter set to yes

o - enables searching by first letter
o - enables searching if list or search field has the focus

browserSearchByFirstLetter set to no

o - disables searching by first letter
o - enables searching only if search field has the focus and does not allow one letter searches

So there is no way to search by first letter and avoid goofy behavior which makes no sense.

I am not sure what search by first is useful for... I am not even sure what is being searched... If I type in F for example, I have files that title and filename start with F, like Fallin, Free... but those are not listed with any clear indication. i see some others that have f in filename and then some others that have F and those are listed properly.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:02 am
browserSearchByFirstLetter doesn't have anything to do with the search field.
It only affects jumping to the track starting with a certain character(s) in an already populated list, which is pretty standard behavior in many lists, such as the windows file explorer. It indeed doesn't indicate what you typed, and it's not really suited for long search strings. It can help to jump to a certain artist in a limited list though.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:16 am
Just trying to make sense out of it and don't think I have done that yet.

Don Moir wrote :
I am not sure what search by first is useful for... I am not even sure what is being searched... If I type in F for example, I have files that title and filename start with F, like Fallin, Free... but those are not listed with any clear indication. i see some others that have f in filename and then some others that have F and those are listed properly.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:22 am
Adion wrote :
browserSearchByFirstLetter doesn't have anything to do with the search field.
It only affects jumping to the track starting with a certain character(s) in an already populated list, which is pretty standard behavior in many lists, such as the windows file explorer. It indeed doesn't indicate what you typed, and it's not really suited for long search strings. It can help to jump to a certain artist in a limited list though.

That is correct but why not allow searching by first letter in search field as well? Also the confusion about what space bar might do so conflicting interest in this case.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:29 am
It uses the sort field to decide what to jump to, otherwise it probably doesn't make much sense.
So if you sort by artist, it will jump to the first artist in the list starting with the letter you typed.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:30 am
Don Moir wrote :
That is correct but why not allow searching by first letter in search field as well? Also the confusion about what space bar might do so conflicting interest in this case.

Because the search field is not limited to the first letter of a field, and not limited to the currently shown list either. Searches with one letter are ignored because they would probably return your entire library anyway.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:33 am
I think the primary benefit of search for a first letter, is that it is the first letter of a title or filename, and how list work in windows. In VDJ, it appears to search any word that has the letter in it and not just the first as indicated, and in that case I would agree that is not useful. So if it was working properly, you would get proper results with one letter search no matter where the search began. I would think it would be good when typing in the search field with one letter to list just the files that have that in their first letter, otherwise, like you say it is rather useless. Sort of the same point you are trying to make when list has focus and this change would make one letter search field searches useful.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:41 am
In my opinion it's more useful to be able to use the search field to type just any part of what you are looking for.

In windows the search is not entirely just the start of the filename either, but the start of a word. So just searching 'd' also returns "My Documents"

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:47 am
That is true, but since one letter searches in the search field currently do nothing except jump to the top of list, why not bring up something that is useful. When multiple letters are keyed in then I agree with what you said.

Probably space as the first letter should not be searched as well. Helps with that but other characters are likely to kick off the same problem.

I am using Win7 and appears only first word is searched so maybe changed in more recent windows or a setting somewhere.

Inviato Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:57 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)