Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SB3 [Official Support] - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

The Pioneer DDJ-SB3 is now supported in VirtualDJ.

At the moment it is supported in Early Access Build 4189. To get that Build, you will need to enable the EarlyAccessUpdates setting from VirtualDJ Options and restart VirtualDJ to get automatically updated.
Note. If not detected with the first restart, wait for 1-2 minutes and then restart VirtualDJ again (may take some time to download the necessary files - but thats only for the firs time)

Manual : http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsb3.html

Pioneer DDJ-SB3 doesnt require any drivers to be installed, however, there is a firmware update available that you need to do. See .. https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/software/ddj-sb3/#firmware-update

Inviato Sat 17 Mar 18 @ 9:25 pm
That was fast!

Has anything been added to handle the scratch pads?

Inviato Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 12:12 am
Follow

Inviato Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 12:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
klausmogensen wrote :
That was fast!

Has anything been added to handle the scratch pads?

Yes

Initially everyone thought that this was a new Serato feature but turned out it is a hardware/firmware one. So the scratches were recorded and converted into Midi messages that the hardware sends while the Pad is pressed, handling both jogwheel movements and audio cuts. In other words the scratch pads - at least for now - is a unique feature of a specific hardware and not a software one

Should software guys be pissed off that a hardware manufacture came out with this first ? Irrelevant I say. What users should consider, is that once again they are tempted to buy a hardware unit just to get a new feature , while their already paid software could do that

Inviato Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 4:02 am
Hello DJ Dad

On the SB3 is it possible to map the Deck 3 & 4 to do pitch reset? So this way when i am beat mixing i can just push 3 or 4 depend on what deck i am playing on to re set the pitch w out the need to use the slider? Also i noticed when i leave the controller for a little while it goes into a demo mode and the pads and lights go into like a store demo mode & will go back to normal when i touch a button. Thanks for your help.

Inviato Fri 23 Mar 18 @ 5:11 pm
Or maybe hold keylock for 2 sec for pitch reset. It works like that for the SR2. Ask one of the smart guys for the script, I still have not learned how to.

Inviato Fri 23 Mar 18 @ 6:02 pm
djalankeih wrote :
On the SB3 is it possible to map the Deck 3 & 4 to do pitch reset?

No, you cant, not even SHIFT_DECK 3/4. Those are hardware buttons, which change the layer (left/right decks) and if mapped to anything else, you will not be able to switch decks, and wont have the expected/proper functionality either.
Choose any other button to get this.
You can replace the KEYLOCK for example , you dont switch keylock on/off many times during a gig, sometimes never and have it assigned as .. pitch_reset .... or .... holding 2000ms key_lock : pitch_reset which will offer keylock on/off when button is pressed for more than 2 seconds, and pitch resetting in all other cases

djalankeih wrote :
Also i noticed when i leave the controller for a little while it goes into a demo mode and the pads and lights go into like a store demo mode & will go back to normal when i touch a button.

You can disable the Demo mode from the unit's Utilities. Read unit's Pioneer manual https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/documents/ddj-sb3/ (page 18 - Disabling the Demo mode)

Inviato Fri 23 Mar 18 @ 6:16 pm

Inviato Mon 26 Mar 18 @ 8:14 pm
Thanks DJ Dad, So key lock is already assigned for video transition and what other button will be effective for pitch reset? Thank you

Inviato Tue 27 Mar 18 @ 5:33 pm
I'm having some issues selecting decks 3 and 4. As of right now even when I have the 4 deck layout on screen selecting either 3 or 4 does absolutely nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 11:52 pm
could someone create a post for the pioneer ddj sb2? or if it already exists please leave the link, thank you

sorry for the iregular traduction...

Inviato Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 2:36 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I can't find a thread potter just start one.

@ erm probably Rune, maybe future HW manuals gets a link to threads like these for problem solving, or maybe not, just a thought.

Inviato Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 4:10 am
does the the Virtual dj also support the FX Fade feature that pioneer promotes with the mixer? or is that a serato feature

Inviato Sun 06 May 18 @ 2:23 pm

Inviato Mon 07 May 18 @ 8:43 am
DJNWORHome userMember since 2017
I have noticed that in VDJ the Scratch Pad mode has a bit of a track movement, in Serato it doesn't advance the track during the scratch. its subtle and doesn't really effect what I'm doing but I did notice it. VDJ latest version with a sb3 latest firmware on a MPB

Inviato Tue 22 May 18 @ 4:29 pm
Hi All , Just bought the SB3 when i connect It to my device with virtual 8.2 running it doesn't detect the device at all ..help.

Inviato Thu 24 May 18 @ 4:33 am
OdytonePRO InfinityMember since 2017
Guys i had the same issue too. Any suggestions? I am running Virtual DJ Pro Infinity 8.2 b3936 and i have already installed the latest DDJ SB3 firmware

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 6:05 pm
djPerd wrote :
Guys i had the same issue too. Any suggestions? I am running Virtual DJ Pro Infinity 8.2 b3936 and i have already installed the latest DDJ SB3 firmware

What operating system are you running?
have you installed the drivers from pioneer? (not just firmware)
have you tried another USB port?
have you tried a powered USB Hub?
have you tried it on another computer system?
on windows does it show in the Device manager or Devices area?
Did it ever work in the past?

obvious to get help you need more info then I have the same problem :-)

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 7:05 pm
OdytonePRO InfinityMember since 2017
What operating system are you running? Windows 10
have you installed the drivers from pioneer? (not just firmware) (You don't have to install this driver software.
Windows/mac OS standard audio driver will be automatically installed when DDJ-SB3 is connected to your Mac/PC with a USB cable.)
have you tried another USB port? Yes i tried all 3 of them.
have you tried a powered USB Hub? No i don't have one
have you tried it on another computer system?Not yet i just bought the controller
on windows does it show in the Device manager or Devices area? No it doesn't
Did it ever work in the past? I just bought it

Thank you for your reply!

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 8:04 pm

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 8:20 pm
32%