Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: LAGING more than ever with updated firmware and VDJ Pro 7

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello All!! I need help desperatly as I have a gig coming soon. I have been using Denon MC 3000 with VDJ Pro 7 on my PC with Windows 7/ Intel I5 for 5 years now and everything went very well until recently, when the songs started laging and playing very slowly. I thought maybe it was the updates that were creating this so I did all the updates and brought my computer to a technician who cleaned it for me to optimize it for performance.. Maaan!! It's laging now more then ever.. It doesn't even need to have played for hours before laging now.. just after a few minutes... What is happening?? I went through all the posts that I found on the subject on this forum, but can't seem to find the cause... :( Thank you very much if you can help!

Inviato Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 7:43 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
and ur using ver 7 because???????
7 is no longer supported with updates...... u know that right

Inviato Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 7:46 pm
But I bought it .. can I have ver. 8 free with the same lisc. number?

Inviato Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 7:51 pm
Sorry, I don't know much about new stuff as I am living in the woods mostly without internet connection.

If it's free to switch for version 8, do I need to delete version 7 before? Are my Cue points and samples transfered automatically?

Thank you very much for your help!

Inviato Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 7:56 pm
Yes, it's free and will convert all your info.

Sounds like a problem with your hardware or PC though. Does the same thing happen if the controller is not connected?

Have you tried to run other software to see if your CPU or memory is going bad?

Have you tried a different USB cable from the controller or a different USB port?

Updating to version 8 isn't likely to solve this issue.

Inviato Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 8:08 pm
Thank you Kradcliffe for answering my post.

Yes, I have tried the two usb port (3.0 and 2.0) on my computer but not a different cable (I have used this one for a while) I could try that to start with..

But I do see the CPU going red in VDJ. So I tried to run Ableton Live and CPU is just as normal.

And you are right about VDJ8, I'm still having the issue (though quite less). But anyways, I have only a few days to prepare for the event and changing to another version than the one that I am used to (VDJ7 pro) is just not an option!

I will try the cable and come back in an hour to see if I get more suggestions on waht the problem might be.

Thank you

Inviato Fri 27 Apr 18 @ 1:06 am
OK so I got a different cable and the same problem appeared. Also, I tried to play with the soundcard of the computer instead of the Asio and it showed to be worst. So, the problem really seems to be in the hardware or PC, but it is strange because it only started since I tried to do all the updates.... I just wish I can get it back as it was 4 days ago!!

Inviato Fri 27 Apr 18 @ 2:07 am

Inviato Fri 27 Apr 18 @ 9:14 am
Perhaps your CPU (or GPU) is overheating ?
Install a program like HWiNFO and monitor your temperatures.
A lot of things can go crazy when a laptop starts overheating... And (depending on your laptop's mode) it's not always to solve such an issue.
If your laptop is overheating and it's an old model you may have to clean heatsinks/fans and also change heat conductive gem between heatsinks and CPU/GPU

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 18 @ 11:39 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)