Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sandbox distorted - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

When I use Sandbox in the actual Version it is distorted in Headphones when i make the Low EQ (Bass) higher a little , or activate a Effect , or the Filter.
I think its a Bug......
Greatings Dani

Inviato Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 4:01 pm
if it is distorting maybe you have zerodb set to high you could try -3 or -6

Inviato Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 4:42 pm
Only the Sandbox Preview not other , not the normal PFL , all others is o...
But when I Prewiew the Sandbox in Headphones then is the Bass destorting...
I think this is not the Zero DB because in early Version this was ok ;-)
But thanks for the Tip , i know this .
I use no Autogain. All my MP3 has the same gain.
I think also the Sandbox must the same gain in in the Hedphones how the normal PFL....

Inviato Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 9:14 pm
and your sure your not going over zerodb? no red in the meters?

what is headphonesGain set to in options?

Inviato Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 9:56 pm
I have just again tested it even to 12db, there's nothing, no change happened.
Headphone gain is on 65 as the standard setting.
And as I said, it is monitoring only at the sandbox.
Not when I'm listening to a track in the headphones. So regular monitoring, since everything is ok.
It must be in the sandbox, it's also just when I ask a little louder, but as I already said, even if I use only the filter or an effect

Inviato Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 10:12 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I believe default for headphone gain is 0.5, from what i read from addion on facebook.

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 6:19 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
correct ... default setting for headphone is 0.5.
@djdutschi please backup the settings.xml in the VDj root folder, then set options to factory default, relaunch and check again

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 6:27 am
No , I have all tested.
My Headphone gain is good.
And I have also write , my normal PFL is not distorted... Its only the Sandbox , all Gain and Volume is perfect , no clipping , no distotion.... But when I have the Sandbox on , and make bass higher than is krach krach krach , ...
And I say this was is in early Versions ok .....
My Headphone Gain is optimizet that it is the same Volume how the Master PFL , when I use the Blend Slider , and there is all ok , nothing distorted.
Only the Sandbox .....
And when I make the Gain lower , too low , then is the Volume from my PFL shit....
The Sandbox is ..
Test it .... The Sandbox is not good sounding , this must fixed

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 6:35 am
regardless of your reports (which of couse we will test), did you tried what was advised ?

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 6:40 am
Use the Bass higher or the Filter to left side when the Sandbox is on .
My Headphone Volume is 25% ..... and it distorted when i use it....
Thats normal?
When I use the normal PFL , and make the Bass of full , or use the Filter Lowpass , than its nothing distorted , and when I make also the Headphon louder than it nothing distorted... But when I use the Sandbox , than its distorted ....
That normal???? I think no.
All my Headphon Gain is correct optimized for use whith my Controller , there was nothing distorted in early Versions ..
That Bug .
Can not work with a Funktion from the Software thats no correct Sounding :-(

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 7:13 am
RobRoy wrote :
regardless of your reports (which of couse we will test), did you tried what was advised ?

I wrote already which I tested with less headphone gain.
Also, I already said that it happens only in the sandbox and only for bass and low pass filter.
So, the error is that the sandbox distorted low frequencies.

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 7:26 am
actually i was talking about reset to factory default ;-)

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 7:29 am
More I can't explain that.
That is merely a thing for the programmer.
It worked everything beforehand, when it no longer does that something has gone wrong with the programming of the sandbox. Or something bothers them.
Why should the sandbox distort the sound, and the PFL not...? There is no other setting for the sandbox.
And as I say yes it happens only at low frequencies.
Thanks for tips, but everything is tried.
Greeting Dani

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 7:45 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you explain in step by step from opening the program what you did?
I tried but could not get the PFL to distort when using sandbox mode and effects.

Inviato Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 9:22 am
What do I have from the start.
What everyone does.
Start a program, load track, play track, sandbox, and then I can things test which I would like to... may make
And then is the problem what I have described is not to tell you more...
Result, the sandbox is not good programming in the sound. The error occurs only at low frequencies so much I ever know... And if you the headphone gain down sets, occurs it but later , this is logical, but from this result the normal PFL becomes to quiet , quite simply... And that is not the purpose of the thing . I have it set that the PFL and the volume of the master are same loud in the Headphones , and this should in be in the sandbox also without distorting in any frequency. And normally should the Sandbox have the same Volume as the Mastervolume.....
It also had work everything perfectly in previous versions. More I can not explain this. Thank You for help , but its better it give to Support , to the Programmers ;-) Greatings Dani

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 6:49 pm
And you get this with headphonesGain at 0.5 ?

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 9:54 pm
Red what I write.
When This 0.65 its also ok in all PFL , when 0,50 its quieter but also ok , but its the too quiet , for PFL in Loud Clubs.
And when the Sandbox is on 0,65 distorting , 0,50 distortin also (but later) ,. You understand ? Ican 0,4 or what ever it distorting than later , when I make the Bass EQ higher.
My pefect Option for H-Gain was 0,65 , then its pefect , the PFL is the sam Volume how the Master in my Headphone .
By 0,5 i must the Master Volume maker lower when i will thas the same Volume how the PFL , and thats too quiet for Clubs or record Set , or also Broadcast..... 0,65 was the perfect setting for Headphone gain ever.
But it was also ok in the Sandbox in early Versions. You understand?
I'm also tells thats only by Low Frequencies , not high or mid Frequencies , this says me the Problem is not the h-gain but something else.
Furthermore is my Headphone volume to 25%. And I can make this until 40% higher or more and can make the Bass Eq of Full without distortion.
But in the Sandbox I can make 5% higher and it distorted , and by Headphone Gain 0,5 it distortet later , but it distorted.....
So I know quite enough about sound, but this is not normal.
The every music producer or sound will tell you engineering.
Thanks Dani

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 10:31 pm
The difference is that when set to 0.5 it will produce exactly the same in the headphone as in the master.
When set to 0.65, the volume in the headphones will be boosted in the headphones compared to the master.
This could cause the limiter to activate in the headphones if the signal gets too loud, which would happen first when there is bass, as bass frequencies require more power.

If you need a higher volume without distortion you should increase the level of the headphones on your controller instead of using the headphonesGain setting.
If you are using your laptop's output directly, you could consider getting a headhpone amplifier.

Update: It looks like when headphonesGain is set to 0.65, the headphones output is louder when sandbox is activated compared to regular pfl, so that could explain why it distorts faster in sandbox compared to regular pfl.
When headphonesGain is set to 0.5 volume of sandbox and regular pfl appear to be the same though, so distortion should be the same. (unless eqInHeadphones is off, in which case changing eq would have no effect in regular pfl)

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 10:45 pm
By me it is then not the same Volume , the same is only when I have 0,65 .
You must know , every Controller Soundcard have another Headphone Volume ;-)
When I make the H-Gain to 0,5 then its the Master and the PFL not the same.
And when I make the Master Volume too low 75 or 50 % its the Volume too low for Record or so.
And the Sandbox also distorted , but later .....And I have write , in early Versions 8.2 it was not distorted , there was the Sandbox the same Sound ....

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 10:53 pm
djdutschi wrote :
By me it is then not the same Volume , the same is only when I have 0,65 .
You must know , every Controller Soundcard have another Headphone Volume ;-)
When I make the H-Gain to 0,5 then its the Master and the PFL not the same.
And when I make the Master Volume too low 75 or 50 % its the Volume too low for Record or so.
And the Sandbox also distorted , but later .....And I have write , in early Versions 8.2 it was not distorted , there was the Sandbox the same Sound ....

please explain how changing headphone gain to 0.5 effects recording level?

your not recording the headphone output are you?

i would love to see a screen shot of your audio config something just doesn't add up to needing this headphone gain turned up to 0.65.

Inviato Sat 14 Jul 18 @ 7:23 pm
83%