Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ability to drag a song OFF the turntable, down into the Sidelist / Automix window below

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Often when i search for a song, i drag it directly onto a turntable, with the intention of playing it next. However, i might then decide on a different song, which i'll then search for and load "in place" of the song i just searched for.

Problem is, i then lose the previous song i'd just searched for! What i'd therefore like to be able to do, is to "drag" a song "OFF" the turntable, down into the "Sidelist / Automix" area below, so i don't forget it, and will therefore still have it to hand for playing later on...

Thanks!

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:31 pm
Settings> saveUnplayedToSidelist does the job.

When you replace the unplayed track or unload the deck it will instantly appear in the sidelist.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:34 pm
Thanks for that suggestion, although it doesn't give me exactly what i want... Firstly, i always tend to stay in the "Automix" view for the side window rather than the "Sidelist" view (for the added functionality Automix offers over Sidelist), so i don't want to have to be swapping between views in the side window to see all the potential songs i've put to the side...

But moreover, i don't want to put "every" song i don't play into the side window, just the ones i "choose" to keep for later... That's why this option could be really useful i feel..

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 6:17 pm
You can have both a sidelist window and an automix window together by enabling "showHorizontalSideList" (and then restarting VDJ). the sidelist then appears in a new window at the bottom of the browser.

Realistically how many times do you load a track then change your mind, you can always just delete them from the sidelist window if not needed.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 6:35 pm
Yes i know we can put the sidelist below the main window with Automix to the side, but i lose too much "main window" space with that configuration.....

I understand there are a ways around what i suggested which is great, but hey, this is what this forum is for ... :) .... to suggest new features that would be useful to people, and i really believe the ability to drag a tune "off" the turntable, back into any of the list windows below, would be a great little "extra feature" that people would use from time to time, especially in live gig situations :) I reallyhope it maybe added in the future..

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 8:25 am
I agree
+1
I am also very interested in this feature

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 6:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's possible in build 4537

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 7:32 am
Adion wrote :
It's possible in build 4537

thumbs up and thanks (that was fast) :-) - if there is still the possibility (in the options off and on) to move music files by drag & drop (between Deck & Playlist & Sideliste) then it would be perfect

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 8:47 pm
Hey that's great :) ... and message to "Philipp-BnB" - in fact you can do exactly that now - you just have to click on the "Song cover" (not the deck itself), and drag the "song cover" from there into the Playlist or Sidelist / Automix side panel .... it works great!

Thanks guys!! :)

Inviato Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 10:07 am
very nice, been wanting this for ages.
Thankyou

Inviato Thu 06 Sep 18 @ 2:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)