Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: broadcast feature stopped working. - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

My Virtual DJ 8 broadcast feature stopped working, I never had any problems before until now, I can't stream to any server, not even Virtual DJ Radio (Where I play regularly) , this just happened after the latest update, I was not able to broadcast my set last night because the software did not work. Everything in the fields is correct, I didn't change anything, all the settings always stay the same after I close the software and open again, no change, I also tried to run a broadcast test on the testing channel (5) and didn't work either. I tried to stream video as well to Facebook but it did not work either. seems like all the broadcast functions (Video, PC to PC and to Server stopped working) and I can't do anything. I tried to use another software to broadcast video (OBS Studio) and it works normal except for the Virtual DJ 8 software so I don't think it has to do with the firewall which only controls incoming but not outgoing. I hope you can help me with this guys.

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 10:09 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
How does it not work exactly?
Do you get any error messages?

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 11:19 am
Tested with social media (Facebook/Instagram), shoutcast / icecast, direct computer to computer, podcast ...
All worked fine here at least, in current release, as well as EarlyAccess

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 2:08 pm
Adion wrote :
How does it not work exactly?
Do you get any error messages?

When I press the broadcast button, the counter stays in zeros, it does not move even though it says "broadcasting started", then I check the stream but I can't hear anything.

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 6:29 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Tested with social media (Facebook/Instagram), shoutcast / icecast, direct computer to computer, podcast ...
All worked fine here at least, in current release, as well as EarlyAccess

Yeah, I don't know why it just happened to me, but that's the story. Do you think it would be advisable to remove the software and re install it? What else could it be?

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 6:32 pm
DJ_MartinGT wrote :

Yeah, I don't know why it just happened to me, but that's the story. Do you think it would be advisable to remove the software and re install it? What else could it be?

maybe a network glitch or something.. try on test server (vdj radio) again, and see if you can reproduce, or if all is ok

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 9:04 pm
Hello,

I am following your replies closely on this thread, as the EXACT same thing has been happening to me. Out of nowhere, this starts to happen. Help.

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 18 @ 10:08 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you check in Audio on settings page if your audio settings are correct?

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 18 @ 1:06 pm
Adion wrote :
Did you check in Audio on settings page if your audio settings are correct?

The audio setting within the Virtual DJ Software? No I haven't but What am I looking for? what are the correct settings ?

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 7:38 am
Thanks guys for your responses, the problem has been resolved, I had to remove the software and re-install it again, now is working fine.

I didn't want to get to this but I had to in order to get it working.

Inviato Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 7:52 am
I allowed VDJ to upgrade itself tonight and my broadcast function stopped working too. Not a happy bunny if I have to uninstall and reinstall because I have a lot of playlists and don't want to lose them on a reinstall

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 18 @ 11:01 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You don't necessarily loose your playlists. Just tell VDJ to not delete your private files if you gettings asked.

Or to be 100% save, just backup your ../Documntes/VirtualDJ folder, reinstall the software and copy the VirtualDJ folder back to Documents.

However, before reinstalling the software it often helps to just rename (or delete) the settings.xml file in ../Documntes/VirtualDJ/settings.xml.
If you delete this file a default settings file will be created. If your problem now disappears it is just a wrong setting.

Inviato Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 12:42 pm
Well, it happened again last night when I tried to broadcast to the VDJR server, I tried to test the stream as well but No results and this time uninstalling it and reinstalling it didn't work, I'm desperate right now and I don't know how to fix this problem!! :( please help!!!

Inviato Thu 22 Aug 19 @ 4:43 pm
First I would open a command prompt and ping the server for a response to see if you can reach it .... Could be a network issue and not software also a tracert can show if some node on the network is slow or not responding.

Inviato Thu 22 Aug 19 @ 4:47 pm
wickedmix wrote :
First I would open a command prompt and ping the server for a response to see if you can reach it .... Could be a network issue and not software also a tracert can show if some node on the network is slow or not responding.

Thanks, Got it resolved.

Inviato Mon 02 Sep 19 @ 5:15 pm
might be useful to tell other what the issue was :-)

Inviato Mon 02 Sep 19 @ 8:42 pm
I downloaded Virtual DJ yesterday but I'm unable to broadcast. I've tried everything from enabling port 8000 to adding Virtual DJ to allowed apps on the firewall but still there's no change, I get the message 'Off Air'. Can someone help? Thanks

Inviato Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 10:30 am
Maybe its because you are already using the PC sound card, and can not listen to your own stream cause soundcard is already taken

Works for me, I can see you on air http://www.virtualdj.com/user/user23324487/live.html

We'll add a different view if you are trying to listen to own stream, and its not working ;-)

Inviato Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 10:32 am

Hi Rune,
Thanks for your help, not sure if it's because you could see me on Shoutcast. I'm trying to use the link itself so that I can integrate it onto my website in order to avoid advertising junk from Listen2MyRadio. I've tried to listen on different devices in the house so the sound card possibilities doesn't seem to hold water.
Would be grateful if you could suggest another solution(s).
Thanks,
Mucha

Inviato Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 8:22 pm
But you are using the "audio" direct user to user broadcast option right?
Got a little confused since you mentioned Shoutcast

EDIT:
I see you are live on website here right now, and its working fine my end.. ;-)
Some mellow latin music it sounds like.. .

What browser are you using? if it does work your end?

Also, its a max listener setting in VirutalDJ so if you invited a lot of friends, they might exceed that.
The max listener setting you can use, depends on your upload speed.
Look for broadcastDirectMaxClients

Will add some error messages at the web player that better explains what cause is happening ;-)

Inviato Sun 31 Jan 21 @ 8:23 pm
95%