Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: database problems...??? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

VitaPiControlleristMember since 2015
Hi guys and thanks in advance for your answers.

I'm expieriencing some problems with my database. ( I guess...). There are tracks in some of my folders that i play for a long time now,but suddenly yesterday when i started up my pc and opened VDJ i saw the tracks on the same file,beeing like i just added them. Analysation was lost,no BPM there,no lenght no nothing,and that green star appeared on them all.... Some other tracks in other files where not harmed at all... On the same drive! On my external drive everything is OK.... Any ideas?

Inviato Sun 09 Dec 18 @ 8:19 pm
I had that problem once, a while ago. I found that the "new" tracks were actually doubles of the tracks I had. Check to see if all the "new" tracks are doubles then check the file path. When I saw that all the old ones were intact with all cue points etc., I deleted the "new" ones. Make sure you have a back up handy just in case something goes wrong.

Inviato Sun 09 Dec 18 @ 11:06 pm
VitaPiControlleristMember since 2015
fallguy66 wrote :
I had that problem once, a while ago. I found that the "new" tracks were actually doubles of the tracks I had. Check to see if all the "new" tracks are doubles then check the file path. When I saw that all the old ones were intact with all cue points etc., I deleted the "new" ones. Make sure you have a back up handy just in case something goes wrong.

OMG it's is going to be a freaki'n nightmare to do.... But i have checked it and there is not a single possible way that these tracks are all duplicates.... There are just to many of them "new". But thanks a lot!

Inviato Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 5:59 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Sounds like time to restore a backup. Or possibly roll back to a previous version of VDJ AND restore.

Inviato Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 6:00 pm
Hello Friends,
I have one little question.
Please where are saved all detail info about TAG EDITOR ?
I have load more info on songs about Remix, year, album, covers,comment, Fields1, Fields2, color, genre atc...
I have backup all folders from document, and after copy from backup there are not any info from TAG EDITOR which one I had put manual before.
Big thanks for your support
Vdj Scorpio

Inviato Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 10:22 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
If you are using an external drive the database is in the VirtualDJ folder on the root of the external drive.

Inviato Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 11:04 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
VitaPi wrote :
fallguy66 wrote :

OMG it's is going to be a freaki'n nightmare to do.... But i have checked it and there is not a single possible way that these tracks are all duplicates.... There are just to many of them "new". But thanks a lot!

Can you open your VDJ file with an editor and see if the infos for a "new" track are stored in the DB? If you set some CUE Points you will find POIs with type Cue for the track.
I can only guess that VDJ isn't able to read your DB properly? Do you have full read/write access to your database files?
You can also check if there is a "backup" folder within your ../Documents/VirtualDJ folder or anything like "database.backup". Please also check on your external drive if something like this can be found. The reason I ask for is: If VDJ detects a corrupt Database it will try to repair it, but first saving the "corrupt" database to a backup location.

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 9:51 am
Hello PachN,
all in my VDJ working OK, but if I made backup I see in backup all folders about mappers, pads, sampler atc... I thing that backup is OK, But if I put it to reserve PC, there is all settings about sampler, settings.atc... but only TAG and POIs informations is missing. I use not only automat Discogs info, but I have mannual info in TAG field, like example composer, comment, user1 user2- there I have detail info about artist (born, die,born Name,Years active,residence, Home town atc..) :))
On primary notebook is all OK, but when I made backup to secondary notebook there is missing this informations form TAG. It is possible to see somewhere deep where are saved this information? Then I will check where is problem....
CoverArt are missing too....

POIs settings are missing too like TAG settings Thats all :)
All others settings on VDJ after backup on secondary notebook are OK

Very big thanks for your appositeness support :)

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 5:00 pm
VirtualDJ displays information based on it's own database.
For most of that information it can write/update the tracks TAGS, but you need to say it to do so (enable the writeTagsAuto setting)
Even then, information of some fields like "User 1" and "User 2" does not get saved on the TAGS of the files, but it's present only inside VirtualDJ's own database. Same rule applies for ALL poi's. They exist only in VirtualDJ database.

When you move/copy/sync things between your main and a second /backup computer you also need to move/copy/sync VirtualDJ's database.

There's only a catch: The information inside the database relies on COMPLETE filepaths.
This means that on both computers the media files must be in the exact same location. And if you store media files on "Special" folders like "Desktop" or "Documents" or "Music" then 2 computers must have the same user account (username)
The reason is that the full filepath of these special folders INCLUDES your current username.
MAC is no exception on that rule.
On Windows for instance "Music" folder is actually C:\Users\Username\Music
As I said, same rule applies for MAC's
So, you need to make sure that both computers have the exact same filestructure when it comes to media files, and you also need to sync your database.

The above rule does not apply if you use an external drive for your media files, but it seems that's not the case, right ?

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 6:04 pm
Phantom Deejay,
big thanks for your information, you are confirmed my feeling I understand all what you wrote. On second notebook are all like on a mirror - all ways and names to all files are like on first notebook. But what I dont understand is why on the second PC the informations are only on cca 15% songs and on the rest 85% songs informations are missing.....:(

And please one little question. If I looking to file documents/ virtual dj/...there are all folders , but there are 2 database
first is ........... database
second is...... Virtual Dj database v6

what is mean first and second and what kind is a different ???

sorry, maybe i am stupid :))) but I have from this big nightmare :))))))))

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 8:09 pm
Scorpio, dont hijack others threads.
This was started by VitaPi and suddenly you took over the show.

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 8:31 pm
:))))) what is VitaPi ??? :)

Inviato Tue 11 Dec 18 @ 9:08 pm
The OP of this thread that you wanted to hijack

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 8:04 am
:))))))))))))))) ok because of Universe :))))))))))))))))

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 3:49 pm
Friends please why I have not there the button " WRITE TAG " ??? :) Here is a Picture....

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 5:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Probably you have setTagsAuto enabled, so tags are written automatically when you press OK.

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 5:08 pm
OK thank you it is working... :) now I have there this button hallelujaaaaa :)))))

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 5:36 pm
from the support team on my tickets the guy wrote to me that for all manual changes in TAG I have to click to " WRITE TAG"....

but if I have enable autoset TAG -- it is not working automatically? and then save to database is different????

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 5:59 pm
Changes are saved to the database automatically. The updating of the tag is optional depending on the setting for setTagsAuto. If set to no then the button appears so you can update a tag manually if required.

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 6:37 pm
Very big thanks to all guys.
Finally I understand how running database. I had problems with TAGs POIs atc after backup.... but now i see, that all folders was after backup from C disk, but I use external hard disc drive and there I have been differents.... :) all manual info TAGs are saved in database on external hard disc ......halleluyaaa :))))))

Have a nice evening to all.....

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 9:52 pm
54%