Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke autoplay/mix?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Is there a way to make the karaoke songs run on autoplay or automix - where I do not have to hit play with each song? I can't find anything about it. Thanks!

Inviato Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 1:51 pm

Inviato Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 2:11 pm
Or you can just put them in the automix section and they will autoplay just like a video or mp3

Inviato Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 4:31 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
you can try to create a custom script using this words

is_karaoke_playing
is_karaoke_idle
has_karaoke_next

and maybe a tiny wait loop before to play next song

no time yet to create such a script yet, but it looks like being a good idea to me ;)

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 4:12 am
Hi,

here is a start point almost working :

create a button/pad AutoKaraoke

karaoke ? is_karaoke_idle ? has_karaoke_next ? repeat_start 'kwait' 20000ms & play : nothing : nothing : repeat_stop 'kwait'

activate karaoke and press AutoKaraoke button, at end of each song next singer list is display for 20 secs and then next song start if any
free to you to modify display time (20000ms) to whatever you need

take care karaoke plays on master deck thus button have to be on the same deck

Inviato Sun 06 Jan 19 @ 4:42 pm
Partyman wrote :
Or you can just put them in the automix section and they will autoplay just like a video or mp3

This worked. I tried that once before but I must have done something weird because it didn't work. I just tried it again and it did exactly what I want it to do, mix with no break, no dead air. I'm doing a solo show and need to flow straight from one song to the next.

But I don't see that I can change the key. So, as nervous as it makes me, I will try the code option. But I need zero dead air and key changes.

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 10:40 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Hi,

karaoke ? is_karaoke_idle ? has_karaoke_next ? repeat_start 'kwait' 20000ms & play : nothing : nothing : repeat_stop 'kwait'

activate karaoke and press AutoKaraoke button, at end of each song next singer list is display for 20 secs and then next song start if any

I am so lost, I have created three different custom buttons using three different sets of instructions found online. None are working.

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 11:24 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Hi,

It's not working for me. The tutorials I'm finding don't look a thing like what I'm looking at. Thank you for trying. But I I don't know how to do this.

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 11:32 pm
Well strange, i just try pasting the line starting with "karaoke" in a custom pad and it works fine for me

- create a karaoke list with name and tone change if needed
- just start karaoke as usual,
- press the pad button
that is it

when the song ends the "next signers" list appears for 20s - with background music if active - and next song start automaticaly

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 11:56 pm
.deleted - don't how to delete a post.

Inviato Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 10:07 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Well strange, i just try pasting the line starting with "karaoke" in a custom pad and it works fine for me

- create a karaoke list with name and tone change if needed
- press the pad button
that is it

when the song ends the "next signers" list appears for 20s - with background music if active - and next song start automaticaly

I do not know what I am doing wrong then. The tutorials I find do not have the same pad page manager that I have. So I am guessing at what to do. I made a quick video so you can see what I'm doing. I let it record for a full 30 seconds after the song completely ended, included dead air. What am I doing wrong?

https://youtu.be/i4n-bXAJKqk

I really appreciate your help,

Inviato Wed 23 Jan 19 @ 10:26 pm
ok, you simply didn't activated the karaoke mode

this is done by cliking the little mic icon at top right of the KARAOKE tab where you put your songs

Inviato Thu 24 Jan 19 @ 4:28 am
Nicotux wrote :
ok, you simply didn't activated the karaoke mode

this is done by cliking the little mic icon at top right of the KARAOKE tab where you put your songs

Thank you! OK - after getting the buttons to work, this script got me closer to what I seek. This one gives me very little dead air. But it's still there. But it's better than the alternative.

is_karaoke_playing
is_karaoke_idle
has_karaoke_next

Now if I could just find a script that allows the songs to overlap a few seconds as they do in DJ mode, I would be ecstatic! Right now I can accomplish this if I put the karaoke songs in automix, but no key changes. Or, with this script, I can do key changes but have a second or two of dead air.

I want it all! (wink)

Right now I'm thinking I need to re-record the songs in my key and then play them in automix mode.

Thank you for all of your help. For those of us using this software for solo shows, DJ-type automix with key changes would rock.

Inviato Fri 25 Jan 19 @ 2:15 am
Key change is possible :

by using the "singer" cell in the KARAOKE tab you get a little 'mic' icon, once again, opening a dialog box that allows you to specify both singer name and key modification

VDJ will automatic apply keychange when the song will play

Inviato Fri 25 Jan 19 @ 2:07 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Key change is possible :

by using the "singer" cell in the KARAOKE tab you get a little 'mic' icon, once again, opening a dialog box that allows you to specify both singer name and key modification

VDJ will automatic apply keychange when the song will play

When I play them on the karaoke tab there is a gap between songs. I literally want and need zero gap. As far as I can see, there is not a key change option in automix mode, which is where I will be playing them from for the overlap.

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 19 @ 4:54 pm
Here is a more usable version of the quick & dirty "Karaoke Auto" which this time does stop when karaoke stops

"Name" field:
`karaoke ? get_text 'Karaoke Auto' :get_text 'Off'`

"Push Action" tab script:
karaoke ? is_karaoke_idle ? repeat_stop 'kwait' & has_karaoke_next ? repeat_start 'kwait' 20000ms & play & karaoke ? nothing : repeat_stop 'kwait' : repeat_stop 'kwait' : repeat_stop 'kwait' : repeat_stop 'kwait'

I added a"Color" tab script too:
karaoke ? is_karaoke_idle ? has_karaoke_next ? color 'orange' : color 'red' : color 'green' : color 'black'

when in karaoke mode, the "Karaoke Auto" pad appears
To activate just press the pad

while playing led color is green
while idle led color is orange
while waiting led is red
while disabled Led is black

simply not to leave a non working script in the thread

Inviato Wed 30 Jan 19 @ 5:26 am
I found the idea to automate karaoke pretty nice i finally added some extra experimental features
Here are some idea of scripts currently working - only for VDJ b4973 - OSD not working with previous versions as they need new "Text" plugin

1- Automatic display next singer/song to come during the last 30 seconds of the song on screen using new "Text" plugin
2- Automatic display Singer/song we are waiting for on screen using new "Text" plugin
3- If auto karaoke is enable, 2 will display for 25 seconds before karaoke start to play
4- if auto karaoke is disable 2 will wait for the play button to be used
5- if karaoke is disabled but karaoke_show in use the next singer/song may show on screen as well with another message using new "Text" plugin

of course durations and messages are customizable in the scripts for now
any suggestions welcome

Inviato Thu 30 May 19 @ 11:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)