Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Native Instruments Traktor S4 MK3 Support - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
I just managed to purchase my unit online - I use VDJ exclusively and I would love to use it with my new controller - NI Traktor S4 MK3.

My concern is that I will be not able to use it on my next live events (March 1st and 2nd). I imagine that the most difficult parts to program are motorized jogs and haptic feedback but still - I would be willing to not use those features with all other functions working properly and get them to work in some future mapping updates a few weeks/a month later for example.

Is there a specific date to include this controller in an update near future?

Inviato Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 11:15 pm
 Best Answer Due to a delay in supporting screens and Haptic Motor mode, we decided to upload mapping files for Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3, without these features.

Mapping files (requires Pro license) : http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80980
Known issues.
- Screens not working
- Haptic (Motor) Wheel mode not working
- Faders not reporting their positions on start up. To get their positions, move any fader after statup

A quick Operation Guide will be available soon

Inviato Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 11:40 am[ selected best answer by djdad on Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 11:40 am ]
Is there any news on S4 MK3 mapping yet?

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 19 @ 12:59 am
Just saying - Traktor Pro 3 in February update will have parallel waves option - better hurry guys, if you don't want to loose a customer!

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 19 @ 6:34 am
Atomix don't give out dates - they never have.

You make it sound as if it's Atomix's fault that your new purchase is not supported - actually it's yours, for buying a controller that's new to market and not officially supported.

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 19 @ 8:02 am
I'm aware of that - but still - I'm asking on a official technical support forum for a basic mapping for a controller that is on a market for 3 months already without any response for over a week.

It would be great if anyone who does mappings for VDJ would share an unofficial mapping that covers all the basics (eq, filters, unmotorized jogs, hotcues, fx, browsing) without the new stuff like screens, haptic feedback, motorized jogs, 4 fx select function, sampler pattern record...

Just a basic mapping - I can live without all those features - I would do it myself if I knew how. I'm guessing that it would not be that hard since S2 MK3 is already mapped and officialy supported - so, why not S4 MK3?

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 19 @ 7:33 pm
It is among the controllers next to be added the thing is not as simple

as it is believed does not mean anything that the s2 is already ready

the s4 is very different in many features just have a little patience

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 19 @ 10:54 pm
Gigi (gggdj) - yeah, i'm not asking about all those features - just basics, and then maybe an update when it's all ready.

Inviato Wed 30 Jan 19 @ 5:49 pm
VDJ has a pretty easy to use mapping feature for controllers , I'm not sure if it works with the new s4 or not ...

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 19 @ 12:34 am
VDJ does not support S4 MK3 at all - like if it was recognized as a controller I would do it myself, but now I probably would need to do my own midi mapping vocabulary first and I don't know how to do it.

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 4:49 am
djjohnnyrox - you're right - today I just mapped whole F1 Traktor controller to VDJ with all the functions I needed, all the lights, LCD screen and stuff. I like this feature of VDJ very much - but it does not work for S4 MK3 and it's a bummer.

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 4:51 am
For the new controllers you have to first create the definition file

and after the mapper without this you can create a mapper

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 5:36 pm
Gigi (gggdj) - I'm actually quite good with mapping, but don't know how to do the definition file part unfortunatelly - so that's why I'm asking here for help.

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 6:26 pm
Well you keep saying you only want the basics. You can do that with just MIDI mapping. If you don't know the commands, look at another similar controller that's already mapped.

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 7:34 pm

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 19 @ 8:21 pm
Seems to complicated to me I guess - Is there anyone that could make that kind of file for me?

Inviato Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 1:26 am
I guess you'll have to wait for Atomix to wait until they create it. In this new world there's no clue so it could be six days or six months so it's anyone's guess.

Inviato Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 1:34 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
djxhalx wrote :
Is there anyone that could make that kind of file for me?

Not really, you need the gear in front of you to write a def file.

Inviato Sat 02 Feb 19 @ 7:04 am
Another week - still no info :(

Inviato Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 8:29 am
From the wiki..... again....

If the controller is not listed, then it is not currently natively supported. It might be natively supported in a future version of VirtualDJ, providing that there is sufficient demand and/or we have a sample unit from the manufacturer. Please note that it is not possible to tell you when or if a particular controller will be supported. Details of future updates to VirtualDJ and release dates are not publicly disclosed to avoid disappointment should it not be possible to include a controller/new feature and/or meet a deadline for any reason.

Inviato Fri 08 Feb 19 @ 8:50 am
I guess it's a good policy - but still, why S2 MK3 is already mapped, and S4 MK3 is 4 months late?

Inviato Thu 14 Feb 19 @ 12:19 am
31%