Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Color FX New by Early Access Update not realy works. - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I have test the New Early Access Update from Virtual DJ.
There is Color FX integrated in the Filter.
But this not work.
I cant select a FX.
I cant see Filter when no Color FX is on , only the Filter Label , but there is ever a FX Name from Color.
And cand toggle from Filter to Color and back to filter from Color.

In My own created Skin is this so:
I can in the Crossfader Optio Menue Change when I use Filter or Color FX , and can make a Button with the Script Command to toggle from Colorfx to Filter ,
In my Skin the Command is (toggle '@$mixercolor') .
When I use Filter under the Filter Label the Text is (Filter Label) and when no use the Slider then I can see the Text (Filter).
When I use The Color FX than the Text is the FX from Color FX that I use , per Deck , whith Right Click I can select a Effect (Every Effect from my List , thats in the new Update no works) , and whith the Left Click I can aktivate the Color FX in the Cannel .
And also I can open the Gui from every FX (thats als no work in the new Update.
Now I have Back Installed the older Build 4720 , because there the Function has worked on my Skin.
When I install the new Update , also my skin no more working.
I can no FX select with rightclick and , in the Label is the FX Name also when I use Filter , thats not good.
I hope Atomix can fix this.
Greatings Dani

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:52 am
I used it a lot yesterday, and it seems to work fine with the default skin
These are my examples of use:

So I think the dropdown/selecting/text will only work with the default skin, until you change other skins where you want it included

So isn't it just a matter of changing your skin to do the same on the FILTER label as the default skin does in the new release?

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 8:30 am
No also in the Default Skin , how in My and othe Skins with Color Option shows the Drop Down any FX.
And when I use the Filter there the Text (Label) keeps the Effect , and no Filter , how in your Video.
With 4720 it works normal.
And in 4720 I can all FX change as Color , inclusive VSTs also.
Thats not fine :-(

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:02 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hmm, just noticed while on x64 it works but on x86 I just get an empty popup with no options.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:16 pm
locodog wrote :
Hmm, just noticed while on x64 it works but on x86 I just get an empty popup with no options.

I only use 32bit. For me it works ok

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:41 pm
Win 7 X64 but VDJ 32 Bit I have in use.
How can I make an Screen Video , and how can I post it here , from My Skin whith Color FX in 4720 where it works good.
Than Programmer can have an Example from it.
By My Color FX I can toggle from Filter to Color FX and I can use all FX Types incl. VSTs , and when toggle from Color to Filter in the Label it shows the Filter Text (so I can see what I use ;-) ! ) And the Drop Down works also , and I can open the Gui fron all FXs.
How can I show the Programmers what I mean I n a Video Screen? And post it here.
Greatings Dani

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:42 pm
djdutschi wrote :
No also in the Default Skin , how in My and othe Skins with Color Option shows the Drop Down any FX.
And when I use the Filter there the Text (Label) keeps the Effect , and no Filter , how in your Video.
With 4720 it works normal.
And in 4720 I can all FX change as Color , inclusive VSTs also.
Thats not fine :-(

Hnm Dont understand what you mean exactly

You can see in the video what the new features do

But these features doesn't exist in b4720, so if you go back to that, then you are not using the new b4742 color fx features - you are probably using the old hidden ones

Maybe someone else can help you

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:45 pm
This Features exist on 4720 but it was not created on the default Skin and no on Virtual DJ in the Program intrated , but the Feature exist on other Skins an as Scrip Command and also on My Skin ;-)
I have tell what by me not work and in the older Build works fine by me.
Yes I have see your Video , but this works no by me.
In my 4720 Build it have work and thats I will show here .
How I can make a Screen Video from this?
Greatings

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 6:59 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

Not here, I'm wondering what you've done that I haven't.
[personally not too fussed as colourfx is for people that can't script, but bigger picture there's something amiss]

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:03 pm
locodog wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

Not here, I'm wondering what you've done that I haven't.

Yes there you can also see the error , there is also nothing in the dropdown by him ;-)

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Might be something wrong in settings.xml, possibly the <effects> section.
You can try to reset it from within VDJ and restart, but I'm not sure if that will work as it might be overwritten again on exit, so you may need to reset it manually from outside vdj.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:10 pm

Here You can see .
Thats the Color Select Drop Down on my Skin with Build 4720 before Update.
You can see I can select all FXs , als VSTs.
And I can toggle from Filter to Color FX .
At Adion , can I send You my Skin that I have make whit the Color FX , there You can see how it works befor the Update.
Send me PN.
Greatings Dani

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:16 pm
@adion You must mean "audio" section as there's no "fx" section.
I've just nerfed my settings and et voilà there it is. Would a copy of my settings help? (I'd rather avoid having to work them again)

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:22 pm
Inside <audio>, there should be <effects>

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:32 pm
took a look a xml level

new working settings (after changing the colour to echo)
<effects>Flanger,Reverb,Wahwah,,,Echo|Flanger,Reverb,Wahwah</effects>

Old settings (yeah 8 decks as standard)
<effects>truc,Cut,Negative|Shader,Echo,Shader|Echo|Echo||||</effects>

I'll revert and see what happens.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:47 pm
Ok I have now clean the Effekt by the Settings , and have try the new Update again ,
now the is shown nothing in the Colore and when I try to select the Drop Down shown no Effects to select.
Now I have found why the Drop Down not shown anx FXs.
I have sortet my Effects to other FX Folders , Flanger , Wah Wah ect. to a (Flanger Folder) , and Reverb ect. to (Echo, Reverb Folder) , when I now Put the Flanger FX back to the Default FX folder , than the Dropdown shows Flanger...
So it's because the effects are sorted, that nothing is displayed there. (Should be fixed) .
And also in the 4720 Build I can use all FX Types select , also included VSTs .
And the Gui is not the in Color FX.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 7:48 pm
tried c&p the working <effects> entry on to the old

I get 2 options echo and spiral, the drop down head reads "delay" (these fx live in a custom folder called "delay" and there're the only colour fx in the my delay folder, moving up a folder leads to a blank popup as pic'd above) Leads me to believe that custom folders for fx aren't playing nice with colourfx

Not bad fault finding gentlemen.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 8:03 pm
locodog wrote :
tried c&p the working <effects> entry on to the old

I get 2 options echo and spiral, the drop down head reads "delay" (these fx live in a custom folder called "delay" and there're the only colour fx in the my delay folder, moving up a folder leads to a blank popup as pic'd above) Leads me to believe that custom folders for fx aren't playing nice with colourfx

Not bad fault finding gentlemen.

Thats Right , thats I say in Post before ;-)
When Effects sorted to Folders , the Color can't find these , that should be fixed.
And in the bevore Build 4720 I can use all Effects as Color (also VSTs and other).
And I can open the Gui for all Effects when I need this , in 4720 with my Skin.
I think thats shold be fixed .

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 8:09 pm
Hello everybody.
Here again the error described in more detail.
And an example how it worked in my skin before with version 4720.
It's about the Color FX in the new Early Accesess Update.
The following, I have months ago, the Color FX intgriert in my skin.
This also works great up to version 4720.
The following script is created in the skin.
This will toggle between Filter or ColorFX, similar to leg block Skin by DJ Dad.
You can see the filter label in the text (as a button) and reset it with a click.
And if Color FX is on, then you can see the effect label there and activate the ColorFX.
And the GUI opens when the ColorFX is active.
You can also choose up to version 4720 each effect as Color FX, including VST effects.
And if you switch to filter, then also below the button is the text (filter), as long as you do not move the slider.
Here I give my script as an example:
<group name="knobb" x="+0" y="+323">
<panel class="knobb" visibility="var '@$mixercolor' 0">
<slider action="filter" dblclick="filter 50%" rightclick="temporary" />
<slider action="filter" dblclick="filter 50%" rightclick="temporary" frommiddle="true"/>
<textzone><text action="filter_label"/></textzone>
</panel>
<panel class="knobb" visibility="var '@$mixercolor' 1">
<slider action="effect_colorslider 'colorfx'" dblclick="effect_colorslider 'colorfx' 50%" tooltip="COLOR FX"/>
<slider action="effect_colorslider 'colorfx'" dblclick="effect_colorslider 'colorfx' 50%" tooltip="COLOR FX" frommiddle="true"/>
<textzone action="effect_active 'colorfx' & effect_colorslider 'colorfx' 50% & effect_show_gui 'colorfx'" rightclick="effect_select 'colorfx'"><tooltip>LC: Color FX Active/RC: Select Color FX</tooltip>
<text action="get effect_name 'colorfx'" scroll="yes"/>
</textzone>
</panel>
</group>

Now the problem with the update 4742.
Just to explain it again.
In the new update 4742 the Color FX is integrated in the Viertual DJ.
Only if one selects there an effect, this remains also in the text under the button, even if one uses the filter and no Color FX.
Unfortunately, this is also the case with my skin.
Unfortunately, you can only select a specific number and type of effects, in version 4720 I could use all the effects as color FX, including VSTs.
Furthermore there are no effects in the dropdown menu in the list, if you have sorted its effects in folders.
This means Virtual DJ finds only the Color Effect if they are in the main folder.

I have now reset to version 4720.
Since the Color FX worked well there in my skin.
And unfortunately not anymore with the new update.
I hope the mistake is now explained more understandable.
And one can see by my script of my skin a good example how it worked in the version 4720 with me, without error.
GretinGreetings Dani
PS: If someone wants to have my skin as an example please report to me.
The button to switch I have specially created in the skin, similar to the block skin of DJ DAD.

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 8:56 am
If you want color fx to work like in 4720 you should use a different slot than colorfx. The colorfx slot is indeed limited to plugins that are verified to work correctly as colorfx.
To use the colorfx slot you should now also use the filter_ actions instead

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 9:36 am
67%