Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Headphones — masteroutput Delay

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi!
Do you know the problem, where the headphone output or the masterout put has a delay of about a half a second.
I'musing 2 soundcards: the computer‘s internal soundcard the the zoom h6 as an audio Interface (soundcard). I have to use the ASIO driver because the WASAPI is not working at all.
Values from the software: Master Output 48 kHz 22ms ; headphones (Zoom h6) 44 kHz „I can adjust the buffer rate/latency)

Why do I have this delay? Is it the latency? But the zoom h6 is one of the best audio interfaces and it has a really low latency when I am using it with a DAW (Cubase)...

I have experienced the same problem when I was using the computer soundcard and an Bluetooth speaker. The Bluetooth speaker had a delay.

Please can you help me :)

Greetings,
Leander

Inviato Fri 18 Jan 19 @ 11:17 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The problem is the two different cards. Even more with one in ASIO.

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 12:54 am
leander.brunar wrote :
But the zoom h6 is one of the best audio interfaces

Maybe, but you're using the computer's built in audio interface too, for the master output. It is consumer grade, so will have higher latency than the Zoom. Also you should try to avoid using different sample rates and bit depths (48k 44k).

Ideally you need to use a single ASIO interface that has both master and headphones outputs.

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 7:48 am
Thanks
But if I only use the ASIO in my Zoom h6, there is the same problem: I press play but then the master and the headphone output have a delay. :(

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 11:01 am
You said the master has a delay. Now it's both?

So you're using just the H6 for master and for headphones (the headhone channel can be selected independently)?

If both master and headphones are delayed by the same amount, how are you able to hear a delay?

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 11:22 am
Oh, sorry that wasn’t really clear :)
If the zoom h6 has the master and the headphones, both outputs have a delay. So if I press play or stop the Musik in Virtual dj will start immediately, but the Musik on the master/headphones start a bit later

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 2:16 pm
....and the ASIO buffer size on the H6 driver is - what? You should ideally have 10ms or less latency (buffer of 512 samples).

If the buffer is too big, you will get more latency. Of course it could just be that the H6 audio interface is slow.

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 2:29 pm
The latency ist cuzrrently in 22ms (1024 sample)
But I can change it to 64 samples
I put 1024samples/22ms because the master output (Computer soundcard) has 21ms

I also tried 64 samples, it worked better, but not god enough

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 6:41 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
After a bit of google foo I’ve seen a lot of reports of latency on the H6.

It’s desigbed to record or play a backing track that you perform to. It’s not designed for what your trying to do. Even with the settings low, the actual reported latency is higher than the settings.

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 9:14 pm
Ok thanks! :)

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 10:06 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I remember there was a registry entry to adjust this delay while using 2 sound cards in the old versions of virtualdj. I can't check at the moment but have a look at the vdj settings.

For example this one:
Quote :
ResyncShift: when you use two cheap soundcards, sometime the playing rate is not exactly 44100,00 Hz, but ca be like 44098 on one and 44101 on the other, resulting in a shift of the songs after a while. The resyncshift parameter tells vdj how much shifting (in 1/44100s) is acceptable before making the second card "jump" to catch back on the first one.

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 19 @ 1:42 pm
MrJackyPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I have a similar problem, since I use bluetooth speakers and it is very complicated to manually synchronize two songs ... with a very low volume, I can use "headphone_mix" to listen to both songs at the same time, but with a louder sound, I can not hear if they are synchronized.

I do not think it's a bad idea to have an "audioDelay" configuration to correct this problem, just like we can correct the delay of a video with "videoDelay"

Inviato Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 8:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
MrJacky wrote :
I use bluetooth speakers.....
I do not think it's a bad idea to have an "audioDelay" configuration to correct this problem, just like we can correct the delay of a video with "videoDelay"

BT speakers are just not fit for purpose, and your delay idea would be difficult as you'd have to perform actions based on the visual, as what you're hearing is a few 100ms delayed

Inviato Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 8:20 pm
MrJacky wrote :
I have a similar problem, since I use bluetooth speakers and it is very complicated to manually synchronize two songs ... with a very low volume, I can use "headphone_mix" to listen to both songs at the same time, but with a louder sound, I can not hear if they are synchronized.

That's good practice for the club... When you start Dj'ing at events the first thing to get over is the delay it takes for the sound to travel from the main speakers to your ears. Even with good monitors it can be confusing if you haven't practised it. Even the bass in the floor is behind and off putting, not to mention when the crowd starts clapping to your mix. The crowds timing always sucks.

The trick is to get used to been able to adjust and compensate for different set ups and arrangements.

Inviato Wed 01 May 19 @ 2:04 am
MrJackyPRO InfinityMember since 2015
@locodog, I think my speakers exceed 200 ms delay

Yesterday, before writing here, I observed the inconveniences and is absolutely right, for example, press play by ear, it would be very easy to introduce the other track in the wrong way.

As a domestic user, it does not seem like a problem. I only find it annoying to listen to the music that comes from the speakers and does not match the sound of the headphones.

at home I can connect the speakers by cable, but often I take my tablet, my speakers and take them to a nearby park where I can turn up the volume without disturbing anyone

Inviato Wed 01 May 19 @ 9:26 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)