Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video DJ - SMS Text To Screen - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Don's Tellyvisuals {text to screen} is very important to video DJ's however a lack of communication or understanding impedes this software. Using Don's custom installer and VDJ2018 the .dll's load in the visualisations folder which means Tellyvisuals won't work with video, only audio. Adion has said .dll's don't need moving but they should be in the visual effects folder. Hence the .dll's need moving. Also Don's software GUI indicates how Tellyvisuals is activated..on a deck or as a master. It's default in VDJ2018 is with audio only as a deck effect yet since Tellyvisuals does not know what deck is being used this could lead to crashes. It should be run as a master according to Don.
Anyway Tellyvisuals is an Ace card which should not be wasted.
So.. everyone work together for the benefit of all.
VDJ can excell !

Note: I sometimes wonder if Atomix and VDJ want to be the best ?

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You don't need to move it, it's fine in the Visualisations folder.
If you want to use it for video as well, you simply have to select it from the 'transforms' section of the video effect drop-down, and not from the 'source for audio-only tracks' section.

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:49 pm
I'll give it a go..thanks Adion. Don's software is not a run of the mill addon, please for all our good, help him.

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:56 pm
That worked fine and run as a master ..thank you !

Can you help one more time ?
My internet connection from my mobile phone to laptop is now perfect but the PushBullet text messages stop working after an hour or two. I need to restart VDJ to get the texts to the screens again ? SMS text messages to TV's in big venues with a lot of people is very, very useful.

It appears I may finally be moving from 8.2 to the latest VDJ2018.

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 5:17 pm
Hm running things as Adion suggested and I'm at 2 hours with working SMS text. I've been testing my system for 3 days now.

This is looking awesome !

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 8:23 pm
It stopped sending the text messages after 2.5 hours. Shame I thought it was going to be perfect.

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 10:07 pm
Don's updated software solved this problem. Everything appears to be perfect.

Inviato Fri 17 May 19 @ 4:56 am
Hi sorry if this as been asked before but i love the thought that the crowd can send text messages to the screens i have googled it but tbh honest im lost can you please tell me how i go about this thanks

Inviato Sat 18 May 19 @ 12:35 pm
use android phone for internet
samsung supply modem driver for usb connection.
i use galaxy s4..just for our task.
install pushbullet pro on phone £5 per month.
give don $25 or more..
get latest version of tellyvisuals 4.1 or something.
install on laptop.
run vdj2018.
start tellyvisuals and insert token in its gui on connections tab.

send text message to s4 phone.

Adion help them with proper guides.
if our dj's can use vdj2018 well they will smash serrato, pioneerdj, traktor..and all the rest for you.
help Don

Inviato Sat 18 May 19 @ 1:27 pm
Thanks Ron happy days

Inviato Sat 18 May 19 @ 1:43 pm
It stop sending the text messages to the screens again after around 2.5 hours. I didn't restart vdj to try to get it going. My internet connection from my phone was excellent. I'm so disappointed..it was working so well.
People love it!

Inviato Mon 20 May 19 @ 9:56 am
VDJ Ron wrote :
It stop sending the text messages to the screens again after around 2.5 hours. I didn't restart vdj to try to get it going. My internet connection from my phone was excellent. I'm so disappointed..it was working so well.
People love it!

It's probably your phones buffer/cache (I forget which one). The S4 has very little ram so things get sluggish quite quickly. So when you use a 3rd party app the phones cache gets full a bit quicker and your phone gets warmer than usual, then when it's full it begins to try and compress the cache which in itself slows the phone down. Either go to settings and find the cache button and clear it or install a cache cleaner like CCleaner on android and have it flush every hour or something.

Inviato Mon 20 May 19 @ 3:35 pm
VDJ Ron wrote :
use android phone for internet
samsung supply modem driver for usb connection.
i use galaxy s4..just for our task.
install pushbullet pro on phone £5 per month.
give don $25 or more..
get latest version of tellyvisuals 4.1 or something.
install on laptop.
run vdj2018.
start tellyvisuals and insert token in its gui on connections tab.

send text message to s4 phone.

Adion help them with proper guides.
if our dj's can use vdj2018 well they will smash serrato, pioneerdj, traktor..and all the rest for you.
help Don

So I was just trying out this plugin since I am now doing video regularly. Do I need all of these steps in order to send and receive messages? I don't think I want to be seeing messages from my event(s) on my iPad or iPhone, and I certainly don't want to be putting up on a screen personal messages that may come through on my phone or iPad.

So what is minimally necessary and how do I get this plugin working at my next video gig? Is there a sticky or manual somewhere I can download and read?

Inviato Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:42 pm
wtheurer wrote :

Do I need all of these steps in order to send and receive messages?

No - there are many ways of displaying text messages on screen. Google is your friend.

Inviato Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:45 pm
groovindj wrote :

No - there are many ways of displaying text messages on screen. Google is your friend.

Groovindj, for those of us who may not understand the basics of this technology and how it works or what we really need to make it work, google isn't really much of a friend or a help. Believe me, I've tried. If i were able to figure it out by understanding Google, I wouldn't be posting the question here. Please feel free to be helpful by pointing me in the right direction and I'll be more than willing to learn something new and better my skill and craft.

Inviato Mon 20 May 19 @ 7:54 pm
yes you need all those steps..and a few more
pushbullet only needs installing on the critical base phone
i've tested for 7 hours tonight and all worked well
i think i know what my dropout problem is caused by but it really needs sorting out by atomix and don

do it bit by bit and come back if you get stuck

Inviato Mon 20 May 19 @ 11:27 pm
wtheurer wrote :
groovindj wrote :

Groovindj, for those of us who may not understand the basics of this technology and how it works or what we really need to make it work, google isn't really much of a friend or a help. Believe me, I've tried. If i were able to figure it out by understanding Google, I wouldn't be posting the question here. Please feel free to be helpful by pointing me in the right direction and I'll be more than willing to learn something new and better my skill and craft.

the easiest and fastest way to start using T2S is with a sim card modem and just use the sim in your phone with IMU made by Pangolin. This way you dont have to worry about have WiFi either. Sim modems are cheap!!

Inviato Tue 21 May 19 @ 12:12 am

Inviato Tue 21 May 19 @ 7:56 am
I'll repeat again text to screen does not work very well in a little venue. Too few people. It's hot with a lot of people and screens in a big venue !

Text to screen is well and truly messed up..I wonder why?

I need help..I'd be glad to work with a few of you to make sure things are OK.
There may be a few bugs to avoid.

Inviato Tue 21 May 19 @ 8:05 am
MrDjLinton you might be right about the cache..I emptied it and I'm on 3 hours working well. There might be other problems as well. Time will tell.

Update: Its just gone off again. Always after a few hours. There is not much in the cache. I might try switching to my best phone.

Inviato Tue 21 May 19 @ 6:31 pm
83%