Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ1000 resetting when adjusting tempo or pitch

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey everybody. I’ve been using my DDJ1000 with VDJ for almost a year now. I have the most up to date firmware for the controller, and the newest VDJ version.

My issue is this: when I adjust the tempo slider, the whole controller “resets”. Everything flashes, goes dark, then immediately goes back on again. It only happens for a split second. It also “resets” when I adjust the pitch either through the FX section, or through the pitch section above the volume sliders (I apologize as I can’t think of the exact terminology at the moment).

When the controller resets, the entire FX section goes dark, and I can no longer use that portion until I push the blue “on off” button. So when I’m adjusting the pitch, and the controller resets, I can no longer adjust the pitch until I push the blue “on off” button to reset that portion of the controller. It does the same thing when I try and adjust the pitch via the area above the volume sliders. So when I'm trying new things out, the entire controller “resets” and I have to start all over again.

When it “resets” I also lose the image, and waveform in the screen on the jog wheels. Only when I cue up a different song does the image show back up.

Please help.

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 10:51 pm
you only need one post.

might want to try another usb cable maybe its defective or loose.

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 10:55 pm
wickedmix wrote :
you only need one post.

might want to try another usb cable maybe its defective or loose.

I'm trying to delete the other ones. I posted from my phone.

But I've been using the USB cable that came from Pioneer this entire time.

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 11:48 pm
First of all, are you on MAC or Windows ?
Second: Does it happen when you move the pitch slider fast, or it happens even with slow movements ?
Are you using the latest VirtualDJ version (and build) with default mapper ?

The issue you describe was a known bug in MACs but it has long been resolved.
If you use the latest build of VirtualDJ with default mapper this issue should not be present any more.

Please answer the questions above in order to be able to investigate why you are still experiencing it.

Inviato Thu 16 May 19 @ 7:43 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
First of all, are you on MAC or Windows ?
Second: Does it happen when you move the pitch slider fast, or it happens even with slow movements ?
Are you using the latest VirtualDJ version (and build) with default mapper ?

The issue you describe was a known bug in MACs but it has long been resolved.
If you use the latest build of VirtualDJ with default mapper this issue should not be present any more.

Please answer the questions above in order to be able to investigate why you are still experiencing it.

Good morning,

I'm on a Mac.
It happens when I move the either the tempo slider, or the pitch slider slowly, or quickly. It definitely happens when I move them both at the same time.
I am using the latest version of VDJ. I have it set on auto-update, so every time there is an update it just does it. I've been using VDJ the last 3 nights, so unless an update happened this morning I'm on the latest version.
I also have the latest firmware on the controller as well, 1.06.
In regards to the mapper, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. But, all I've ever done was plug the controller in and go.

Should I be using a certain OS on my Mac? There's an update that I need to do for Mojave, but I've needed to clear space to get it to update. Maybe that's it?

Inviato Thu 16 May 19 @ 12:46 pm
As I said, the original issue on MAC OS has been resolved for quite some time now (8 months ago, maybe more).
Therefore if you keep your program updated you should not experience this issue (or it's cause is not the known one we resolved back then)

Please do me a favor:
Open config, click on Controllers tab, then click on Pioneer DDJ-1000 entry on top.
What does it say on the right ? Does it say "Factory Default" ? Or something else ?

If it doesn't say factory default, click on the drop down menu and select "factory default"
Then try again to see if your issue has been resolved.

If it says factory default, please do the following:
On the list with buttons and leds below, locate the one that says "TEXT_FX_BPM"
Click on it.
On the right side of the window you should see a text box with a script.
Replace the entire contents of that box and type "nothing" (without the quotes)
Click on SAVE icon on top right corner
The drop down menu should change now from factory default to custom mapper. That's ok.
Now try again.
Does this change resolve your issue ?

Please let us know.

Inviato Thu 16 May 19 @ 8:15 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)