Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sound Issues when recording an EDM Mix, volume too quiet or volume will spike up and down

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've recorded twice before when I upload to SoundCloud everything is fine except the track is very quiet (assuming SoundCloud compressed it)

I'm not sure how to work around that other than maximizing the gain on my board in virtual DJ when I record the mix, this works and makes the track much louder, loud enough for SoundCloud to not compress it and it sounds good.

Now, whenever I record, at random time the volume will either decrease or increase immediately and slowly works it way up, or back down to regular volume and will spike again at random times multiple times in the mix. I don't know how to fix this issue, if I turn the gain down, it doesn't do it (I think) but if my gain isn't up the track is way too quiet when uploaded to Soundcloud.

Inviato Thu 23 May 19 @ 11:10 pm
The recording respects the master output
So when I record I usually use:
- Gain set to auto (not auto+remember)
- Master output set to 100%
- The upfaders all the way up for the currently mixed-in track
- zeroDB set to -1dB or -3dB to create headroom for the mixing

I then get a good output volume, but I do sometimes then run it through mp3Gain afterwards to get back the 1-2 dB that my headroom (zeroDB setting) has created

Inviato Fri 24 May 19 @ 8:55 am
NolanTaylor96 wrote :
if I turn the gain down, it doesn't do it

Read the manual. There's a limiter on each deck and on the master output.

Inviato Fri 24 May 19 @ 4:30 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No limiter on the decks [not for a long while] just master.

but @OP djing 101 if it's too quiet try turn it down first.

Inviato Fri 24 May 19 @ 5:17 pm
Really? When did they get removed then?

It's not like Atomix to remove a limiter :-)

Inviato Fri 24 May 19 @ 5:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Limiter is applied on Master when Audio is set as Master + HP, and to each deck when Audio is set to Ext Mixer

@OP
Are your tracks analyzed before playing ? AutoGain to Auto ?

Inviato Fri 24 May 19 @ 5:57 pm
Ah, OK so there's a master limiter when using the VDJ mixer, and deck limiters when using external mixer. That makes sense.

Do the deck limiters still trigger the limiter light, the same way as the master one does?

Inviato Fri 24 May 19 @ 6:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)