Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Cant save playlist on Virtual DJ 2020

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jxevshHome userMember since 2018
Hi,

I recently done the new update and for Virtual DJ 2020 and i thought everything would be fine as if usually is but as I started scheduling the playlist for the week and I tried to save the playlist nothing was happening.

I have gone these instructions http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Folder%20Permissions.html but still nothing is working.

I have have also checked the settings in the VDJ 2020 browser section if readOnly in options is switched to off and it was as default sets it to be.

I have done a lot of research but nothing has seemed to work are there any current solutions ??

Inviato Thu 03 Oct 19 @ 3:09 pm
Hi

I am having the same problem. I too have tried the suggestions without any luck. I even reinstalled but no luck.
Previous playlists are there but I can't save any new ones.
It's only just happened!....

Inviato Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 10:40 pm
Did you give the save a name?
And if so, try refresh by clicking [+] at the playlist root folder inside VirtualDJ[

Inviato Sun 03 Nov 19 @ 12:19 am
Look for Lists & Advice in the left hand column, playlist should be listed. Right click on playlist then click on create new list. Name list and save. Or click on Playlist , click in window that appears. Once playlist named and saved drag songs into playlist. Hope yhis helps Works on Windows PC

Inviato Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 11:51 pm
I had Virtual DJ 2018 installed and also could not save a playlist however I could save last week Friday. I then downloaded the 2020 update and this did not rectify the issue and neither did the fixing permissions and read only of the folders. A side note that I experienced when changing the folder from read only to write, it reverts to read only. I have windows 10.

Inviato Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 9:10 pm
I just realized that all my history (over a decade) and my valuable playlists disappeared after upgrading to VDJ 2020. Any helot retrieve the said? Thanks! Joe

Inviato Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 8:47 pm
djjoeblack wrote :
I just realized that all my history (over a decade) and my valuable playlists disappeared after upgrading to VDJ 2020. Any helot retrieve the said? Thanks! Joe

Thats not "possible" :)
What did you upgrade from? Version 7 or version 2018?
And is it same computer or new computer,. and if same are you logged in as same Windows/Mac account user?

Also, if mac, did you upgrade to Catalina recently? (that puts sometimes the documents folder as "Relocated folder")
And also some recent Windows update did same, renamed the Documents folder during upgrade
(VirtualDJ stores playlists and history in the documents folder)

https://www.cisdem.com/resource/documents-folder-missing-mac.html
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-recover-missing-personal-files-after-upgrade-windows-10

Inviato Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 9:14 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
djjoeblack wrote :

Thats not "possible" :)
What did you upgrade from? Version 7 or version 2018?
And is it same computer or new computer,. and if same are you logged in as same Windows/Mac account user?

Also, if mac, did you upgrade to Catalina recently? (that puts sometimes the documents folder as "Relocated folder")
And also some recent Windows update did same, renamed the Documents folder during upgrade
(VirtualDJ stores playlists and history in the documents folder)

https://www.cisdem.com/resource/documents-folder-missing-mac.html
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-recover-missing-personal-files-after-upgrade-windows-10

Rune, thanks for your quick response! Using a MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra. My Mac was dormant for 4 weeks, courtesy of a vacation. When I switched it on yesterday I realized that the desktop files were gone and the ones I have were 1:1 similar to my Mac Air. That means the files on my MACBook had disappeared. I can't remember having done any iCloud sync, leave alone upgrade of other programs. I do use v8.4 b5504 which is compatible with VDJ 2020. In my current VDJ all Playlists, history and sets are completely gone... Any help and hints will be appreciated! Like I said no idea why desktop on MAC Air gone synced to my DJ MacBook...

Inviato Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 8:18 pm
djjoeblack wrote :

My Mac was dormant for 4 weeks, courtesy of a vacation. When I switched it on yesterday I realized that the desktop files were gone and the ones I have were 1:1 similar to my Mac Air. That means the files on my MACBook had disappeared.

Yeah, that sounds more like something that could explain it.. VirtualDJ saves database, playlists etc as files in "Documents" folder on your Macbook.
If all your desktop files, and everything else is gone from the Macbook, and the Macbook has "synced" to be a 1:1 clone of your Mac Air, this would probably imply also the "Documents" folder is gone, and "cloned" to Mac Air (and hence also the saved things from VirtualDJ in Macbook "Document" folder gone)

Not sure how your mac got synced to be a "clone" of your Mac Air though.
Do you perhaps have two user accounts on the mac? One being your "old" and one being a "clone" of Mac Air that syncs via iCloud?

Must be some way of getting it back. See if there some "Relocated" folder on desktop perhaps. Would be strange if any iCloud sync just removed everything on one computer, and cloned over everything from the other instead.

Inviato Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 8:28 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
djjoeblack wrote :

My Mac was dormant for 4 weeks, courtesy of a vacation. When I switched it on yesterday I realized that the desktop files were gone and the ones I have were 1:1 similar to my Mac Air. That means the files on my MACBook had disappeared.

Yeah, that sounds more like something that could explain it.. VirtualDJ saves database, playlists etc as files in "Documents" folder on your Macbook.
If all your desktop files, and everything else is gone from the Macbook, and the Macbook has "synced" to be a 1:1 clone of your Mac Air, this would probably imply also the "Documents" folder is gone, and "cloned" to Mac Air (and hence also the saved things from VirtualDJ in Macbook "Document" folder gone)

Not sure how your mac got synced to be a "clone" of your Mac Air though.
Do you perhaps have two user accounts on the mac? One being your "old" and one being a "clone" of Mac Air that syncs via iCloud?

Must be some way of getting it back. See if there some "Relocated" folder on desktop perhaps. Would be strange if any iCloud sync just removed everything on one computer, and cloned over everything from the other instead.

You are outstanding! I indeed managed to relocated some of the playlists (not all tho...) nd the history lists on my Mac Air... Crazy stuff!

Inviato Fri 20 Mar 20 @ 9:24 pm
Hi. I'm a newbie. I just tried to create my first auto mix playlist. I can see the playlist in my documents folder, but it is not visible in the left side menu. Help.

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 7:36 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)