Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Possible to search my [MASSIVE] music collection on synology server while on the road?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi. VERY long time since my last post.

I have a synology server with an absolute monster (around 8tb) of music at home. Instead of logging into my synology box, searching for the song i want, and downloading each individual mp3, is there any way possible for me to search the remote drive within vdj while i'm working? This would make all the difference for me with both functionality, and organizing my library.

Any suggestions would help, thanks!!

Inviato Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 4:29 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I can't say for certain but I can't see how it would be any different to any network drive. Set it up in OS and then find the drive in vdj>local music

Inviato Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 5:04 am
The problem i'm having on my test computer (my main desktop) is that its loading the database which is insanely huge, and its crashing vdj.

I'm wondering, is it possible to search the network drive at home, generate the search db, then bring that search db to my laptop drive? Currently I believe its writing the db to the network drive. I believe that loading the DB via the internet while it 'lives' on the network drive is choking VDJ and making it crash.

Inviato Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 4:01 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Have you "file date" as a visible field? [if so remove it]

Inviato Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 4:23 pm
Visible field in my VDJ browser?
No I do not. Only title/artist/length/bpm/key/paycount/playtime

Inviato Fri 06 Dec 19 @ 2:57 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)