Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited / Music - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hi guys just after a bit of advice please regarding the subscription option on what used to be called 'Content Unlimited' I think its just called 'Music' now.

I did subscribe to it many moons ago but to be honest found it to be basically useless in the returns on searches and stability, and I do remember lots of 'complaint's' being posted in the forum about it.

So my question is to anyone who is currently using it now - is has it got any better and is it worth subscribing again?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered !

Paul

Inviato Mon 09 Dec 19 @ 7:14 pm
I do use it from time to time, mostly for country (I play at a country bar every now and again).

And everything I’ve searched for has been there.

Unless it’s some really obscure track you should be able to find most anything on there .

I think it’s good and it helps support VDJ.

Now the Karaoke part is a complete waste of money, that should just be dumped but that’s my opinion.

And as for the video side, I again wouldn’t waste the $50 a month on just renting videos. You could spend that at the pool that VDJ uses and actually have the copy and play it in any software.

These are all my opinions but I think the Music/Content unlimited is worth it.

Inviato Mon 09 Dec 19 @ 9:25 pm
I have always found it really poor for UK specific tracks.

You can search within VDJ to see if tracks are there and play a 30 second clip without subscription.

Inviato Mon 09 Dec 19 @ 9:31 pm
Oh yeah, I didn’t even notice the flag. Yeah that probably definitely plays a big part of it.

Inviato Mon 09 Dec 19 @ 9:45 pm
Thanks guys - I did look into in it a bit regarding the source i.e IDJ Pool, looking at their website all the options have 'USA only' on them. Surely this can't be applied to VDJ subscriptions being that its used all over the world. I'm all for supporting VDJ and have done for many years but with respect I'm not going to pay for something that doesn't deliver what it purports to do. Perhaps one of the VDJ team can advise on this area if they pick up on this thread.

Thanks for the tip Kradcliffe, from memory I think I had that issue as well regarding UK tracks but I will do a few test searches in a moment to see what happens.

Inviato Mon 09 Dec 19 @ 10:01 pm
Personally I have found that CU has improved over the years for us in the UK. I agree the catalogue isn't as extensive as the US, but it is better than in the past.
For example apart from the 4 tracks below, the entire UK top 40 is available, many tracks with multiple remixes, clean and dirty edits etc.

New Dior by Digdat
Don't Rush by Young T & Bugsey
River by Ellie Goulding
Down Like That by KSI

As has been suggested, do your own tests and see if it fits for you.

Inviato Mon 09 Dec 19 @ 10:31 pm
soulboy1970 wrote :
website all the options have 'USA only' on them. Surely this can't be applied to VDJ subscriptions being that its used all over the world.

All good to be used in the UK. ;-)

Inviato Mon 09 Dec 19 @ 10:32 pm
Thanks for your reply Dan, funnily enough the first track I looked for was KSI and was thinking to myself 'nope no good' but to be fair everything else I test searched seemed to come up no problems.

One of the many good things about VDJ subs is you only have to pay for a month so with that in mind its got to be worth giving it another go and see what happens in reality.

As always thanks for your help guys much appreciated

Inviato Mon 09 Dec 19 @ 11:09 pm
Whatever you do, don't subscribe to IDJPool through VDJ. This is the issue and respond I got today. This is a waste of money!

My Question:
I purchased IDJPool and I'm having a hard time finding songs. I have to creatively search ways to find the artist or songs. For example, when type "Lil Baby" nothing comes up. However, when I search "Lil Baby Clean" it lists some of his songs. Also, there is a cap on the number of searches that will appear. It will only show a max of 201 searches. What do I need to do to expand my searches and find my songs without adding additional words

VDJ Response:
Hello,
Please note that like most record pools our Audio content catalog will have it's strengths and weaknesses in certain content areas. While you might not find all the content that you particularly want the service is working well for the majority of our users. Additionally not every song from every artist is available. No content service is able to provide that. You might have to consider subscribing to multiple sources in order to have a collection of your preferences. As for the search result limit: it is limited to 200 results in order to keep memory usage to a minimum.

Inviato Wed 11 Dec 19 @ 4:37 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not sure why not for you, but for me just typing 'lil baby' brings up 200 results.
You will indeed have to be a little more specific if you are looking for a specific song. Just showing more results would not really make that much easier I would think.

Inviato Wed 11 Dec 19 @ 4:50 am
Hi Snupey - I have to say like Adion who replied to you I have just searched for 'Lil Baby' and got 201 results as well - perhaps an issue your end maybe but appreciate you replying though.

Inviato Wed 11 Dec 19 @ 2:15 pm
soulboy1970 wrote :
One of the many good things about VDJ subs is you only have to pay for a month so with that in mind its got to be worth giving it another go and see what happens in reality.

Exactly and for less than a tenner - you're not really losing anything.

Inviato Wed 11 Dec 19 @ 10:19 pm
soulboy1970 wrote :
funnily enough the first track I looked for was KSI and was thinking to myself 'nope no good'

To be fair, KSI is now available :-)

Inviato Thu 12 Dec 19 @ 12:20 am
Hello Adion and Souldboy1970,

If you search Lil Baby, they will list featured songs he did with other artists. They list every song, title, artist, etc that had the words Lil and Baby in it. If you try to scroll down to the end of the search, it won't get to his name because there are probably 1000's of songs that have both of those words combined. Search "Lil Baby Clean" and then you will see some of his solo songs. I tried

A better example is Lil Wayne. You mean to tell me I can't find any of his solo songs because I am limited to a max of 201 search listing? I'd rather pay the $20 per month to have access to 1 million songs (entire catalog) that I can download and own rather than to pay $10 to lease a song for the moment.

Inviato Thu 12 Dec 19 @ 5:11 am
I think this boils down to how you search and what parameters you are searching on.

For example if you are just typing artist names, then turn off all other search criteria, that way you'll only get "lil Wayne" tracks returned.

Inviato Thu 12 Dec 19 @ 5:47 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Dan (DB82) wrote :
...then turn off all other search criteria...

and the script way to do that is

setting "searchFields" 2
[picks artist only]

Inviato Thu 12 Dec 19 @ 6:18 pm
I tried doing that but still that same results. You can't search Lil Wayne with "Field2 and Artist" because he is listed as "the artist" even when he is only featured on other songs. NONE of his solo projects will show in the 201 search listing. Don't just give advice without trying it. I don't think you really understand.

Inviato Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 2:56 am
I did try it. It worked for me.

And maybe you’re right, maybe I don’t understand; I really don’t understand why anyone would want a search to return hundreds of thousands of songs. Surely the whole point is to find the track or tracks you want not browse an entire artists discography.

Inviato Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 5:56 am
hmmm I'm sorta getting what Snupey means now to be honest in that the only results that come up are 'featured' songs - As another test I have recently signed up to Deezer (free for 3 months as a trial - I'm not using this for gig work though) if you search Lil Wayne in there you get loads of his own tracks come up.

I'm not up on using search criteria as I've never really had to use it - where do you put the criteria (i've looked in settings and can't find anything there?

I do understand what you are saying Dan about search parameters or at least I think I do ! lol but there are times when a DJ may just want to browse a certains artists songs without knowing a track title, I've often heard a track I like by an artist I've never heard of and google their discography to see what else they've done, I agree that IDJ does sorta allow me to do that now it seems a little bit more 'restrictive' that other services out there imho.

Interesting debate - on the positive side at least I'm learning a bit more now !

Inviato Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 1:29 pm
I've only had the subscription for a little under a month and have already realised that whilst it might work for DJs playing current chart stuff and popular retro, it's of limited use to anyone working primarily in a specific dance or era genre. I'm a neotango DJ primarily, and whilst I don't tend to go hunting for old 1950s Argentine bands, I do look for strong, slow, primarily non-chart stuff. And almost none of it is on there.

Will continue to try it for a few more weeks, but it's probably not for me.

Inviato Fri 13 Dec 19 @ 3:49 pm
87%