Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why is there no "undo"? Others have asked before. Curious to hear an answer.
Why is there no "undo"?
If we accidentally remove the wrong file(s) from Automix / Sidebar / a Playlist, and especially if we don't remember what got removed, we should be able to click Ctrl-Z to undo. (I'm not talking about deleting files which can be retrieved from Windows' Recycle Bin (if you're using Windows) - just removing from a list.) This has been requested many times by many people - some mentioning POI edits too. This forum almost always answers questions well, but I could not find any answer to questions about why undo doesn't exist. Most of those questions were posted in Feature Requests, so I'll try here in General Discussion.
Why is there no "undo"?

Inviato Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 11:45 am
I see your point but undo is pretty useless during a live performance. Undo a mistake in a scratch good luck it's already been heard etc. Why add bloat to an application that has to be lean and speedy to do it's job well.
Just my 2 cents.

Inviato Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 12:35 pm
Undo is useless during a live performance? No:
"If we accidentally remove the wrong file(s) from Automix / Sidebar / a Playlist, and especially if we don't remember what got removed ..."

In addition to the need during a live event, DJs use Virtual DJ while preparing for an event (e.g. others' comments about POI editor). In both live events and non-live events, undo can be crucial. If you haven't experienced the need yet, you will.

Bloat? It's so basic, fundamental to virtually every creative software, that I'm imagining it would add near-zero code.

So... why is there no "undo"?

Inviato Sat 29 Feb 20 @ 10:08 pm
I definitely think undo would be useful in the BPM editor and things like that

Inviato Sun 01 Mar 20 @ 1:49 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I would also love an 'undo' in POI editors, altho I would happily accept a 'cancel' button so if you don't like the results you can just revert back.
At the moment, if you make a mistake while editing BPMs, you are stuck with it or you have to re-analyze the track & start from scratch, any way of cancelling what you have done would be great.

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 9:03 pm
Agreed, add it to the POI and BPM editor first. Even if it only undoes just the last action. It is very much needed.

Inviato Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 6:19 pm