Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Possibility to calibrate Hardware Knobs?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

I've just got my first DJ controller, a Numark Party Mix, and bought the VDJ Home License.
Generally, the setup is working nicely, but I have one problem: the hardware knobs for Bass and Treble click into place when they are at 50%. However, when they are locked in, the corresponding knobs in VDJ do not show 50%, but either 48%, 49% or 51%. Is there any possibility to calibrate the controller knobs for VDJ so that the "locked in" position is always correctly detected at 50%?

Hope you can help and best regards
Sebastian

Inviato Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 10:12 pm
It's possible to change the mapping so they don't react on the first few pct in each direction
But I think the overall problem is that the knobs are too cheaply made

Here is an example of a eq high mapping that sets 45-55% to 50%, and all other values to the actual pct
set my_eq_high & var_greater 'my_eq_high' 55% ? eq_high : var_smaller 'my_eq_high' 45% ? eq_high : eq_high 50% : eq_high 50%

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 12:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The range around zero/mid point will be fixed in a future update. Its something we usually add in definition in order mapping to be simpler.

Even though EQ knob being around 49% and 51% will not affect sound, you can still map them as ..
param_bigger 49% ? param_smaller 51% ? eq_low 50% : eq_low : eq_low

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 1:42 pm
djdad wrote :
param_bigger 49% ? param_smaller 51% ? eq_low 50% : eq_low : eq_low

Yes that's better than mine :)

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 2:41 pm
Thanks for these great tips, works nicely! Had to set "ControllerTakeoverMode" to "Instant" though, or it could happen that the VDJ knobs could never be "caught" and be stuck at positions like 49 or 51%.

Additionally, I am now using the simpler script "param_bigger 47% ? eq_low 50% : eq_low" as I never need positions >50% anyway :P

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 10:17 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
karussellbremser wrote :
.....I never need positions >50% anyway...

then why waste the range?

param_multiply 0.5 & eq_low

Inviato Tue 25 Feb 20 @ 10:20 pm
Because then the way of the knob would get too long for me and it may be confusing that the hardware and VDJ knobs do not match ;)

Inviato Wed 26 Feb 20 @ 12:08 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)