Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hecules RMX volume lowers when loading song on deck

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I have an issue when I load a song on a deck. The volume decreases in the headphones. The decrease cannot be heard on my PA system (connected directly to RMX not the computer soundcard). However when i'm doing a live broadcast to fb or youtube, the listeners can hear the volume decrease when I go back and forth loading the decks. This would suggest to me that maybe the issue with the sound card setting in the laptop? Can anyone advise what the problem is? I'm running windows 10 with VDJ 8. I've included my VDJ audio setup. Please also note I tried ASIO also and it made no difference. In addition I have had this problem with my MAC also running the same config. RIght now i'm just interested to have the setup working in windows. Thanks.

Inviato Tue 12 May 20 @ 10:04 pm
What seems to work for me is to route the “master” to (in your case) the laptop - have the laptop’s own soundcard as the master and Hercules for headphones!

I can’t get the mic to work with the Hercules - only because a mic’s plug got jammed inside of it (I have a small USB soundcard for that, which seems to work well!).

Inviato Tue 12 May 20 @ 10:48 pm
I will give that a try!

I've never got the MIC to work properly with the RMX. It comes over very quiet! The only way I could make it louder was to cup my hand over the MIC head and hold my mouth to it! I wasn't sure if it was my MIC or the Hercules or both! I actually tried again today to fix the MIC issue, of course with no luck!

arthurvasey wrote :
What seems to work for me is to route the “master” to (in your case) the laptop - have the laptop’s own soundcard as the master and Hercules for headphones!

I can’t get the mic to work with the Hercules - only because a mic’s plug got jammed inside of it (I have a small USB soundcard for that, which seems to work well!).

Inviato Tue 12 May 20 @ 11:33 pm
There’s a knob in the top left hand corner marked Mic and a button to turn the mic on - either side of the top mic socket - press the switch and a blue light comes on - tweak the knob to increase or decrease the volume! That should cure the mic issue!

Inviato Wed 13 May 20 @ 12:43 am
arthurvasey wrote :
There’s a knob in the top left hand corner marked Mic and a button to turn the mic on - either side of the top mic socket - press the switch and a blue light comes on - tweak the knob to increase or decrease the volume! That should cure the mic issue!

Makes barely any difference. I'll have to try a different MIC.

You earlier solution to the sound issue isn't working for me. I plugged my amp and speakers into the headphone jack of the laptop and set the master output to the laptops soundcard and headphones set for the RMX. You can hear the volume decreasing each time you load a deck when streaming live.

There is a solution I have found for broadcasting that stops it from happening. I can use a second computer and run an AUX cable from the other 1/2 output on the RMX to the mic/headphone combo port and then using encoding software (I use OBS) on the second computer to broadcast. This in my case fixes the problem because it takes the soundcard of the main computer out of the equation.

I feel like there must be another solution to this problem? Perhaps I need a decent USB soundcard for my laptop? I don't want to have to use two laptops when I want to broadcast.

Inviato Wed 13 May 20 @ 2:02 am
I don't have a solution, but I wanted to validate your concerns because I have the exact same problem when I try to run OBS and VDJ at the same time. I figure it's just too much of a resources drain on the system. I've not been able to find any software solution to this.

Inviato Mon 18 May 20 @ 11:14 am
DJNeidermeyer wrote :
I don't have a solution, but I wanted to validate your concerns because I have the exact same problem when I try to run OBS and VDJ at the same time. I figure it's just too much of a resources drain on the system. I've not been able to find any software solution to this.

I think it's a problem is how vdj handles the rmx. If you use Hercules own dj software djuced then the problem doesn't happen. I wasn't hearing any decrease but you'll have to try it. Main problem is djuced is terrible! I can verify my solution using a separate computer to stream will solve your problem becuase vdj isn't interacting with the other computer. Just plug rca from output 1l2 on the RMX to line in/mic headphone combo port on second computer and use OBS to encode from that input. In a way it's a winner becuase you are taking the load of your other computer as it only has to deal with vdj and not OBS also.

Inviato Wed 20 May 20 @ 11:10 pm
Why are you even involving OBS?

Atomix have repeatedly stated that you can broadcast directly from VDJ without the need for any other software.

Inviato Thu 21 May 20 @ 4:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
Why are you even involving OBS?

Atomix have repeatedly stated that you can broadcast directly from VDJ without the need for any other software.

Because OBS allows you to do a lot of stuff video wise that VDJ doesn't. The fact you can broadcast from VDJ is irrelevant to this thread.

Inviato Thu 21 May 20 @ 11:59 pm
NJ TYPE R wrote :

Because OBS allows you to do a lot of stuff video wise that VDJ doesn't.

Such as?

NJ TYPE R wrote :
The fact you can broadcast from VDJ is irrelevant to this thread.

No it isn't. Does the issue with the RMX volume happen when you broadcast using just VDJ? You should try, because maybe OBS is causing the issue...

Inviato Fri 22 May 20 @ 5:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)